Home theater under 3 lakhs

TheMongoose

Planning to buy home theater upto 3 lakhs MRP. Price includes :-
1) Projector and screen
2) Blu ray Player
3) Speaker system
4) Amplifier

Room dimensions are roughly 20 x 10 x 15 = 3000 ft^3.
Open to all suggestions, so please post :)

If you are interested in 3D then i suggest you wait till 2012 models of projectors are released as most of the 2011 models use Infrared for 3D glasses connectivity and that is reported to have serious sync issues, so wait for the bluetooth 3D glasses of the 2012 models. Infrared sync isuues might be even more of a problem for ceiling mounted projectors than for tv's and if you want more than 4 people to watch in you home theater its near impossible with IR glasses.

I am using a 3D projector with infrared and there are no sync issues at all. That's a misconception. This is in a room where the projector is 17 ft back from the screen and room has quite a few treatments (meaning lots of chances for the IR to be absorbed)

Even if there are sync issues, there are different alternatives like MonsterVision Max 3D. It comes with IR receiver/RF transmitter. It takes the IR signal, converts to RF and you can then use RF glasses.

Hmmmmm. But as 2012 models are on the brink right now it might make more sense to wait for it as it would be the 3rd generation on 3D projectors and surely much more improved.

Most of the projectors are launched towards the end of the year. That's why you see Epson 3010/5010, JVC RS45/55/65, Panasonic 4000 launched in last 2 months or so. These are fairly new. If someone has to wait for 2012 models, it will be next year.

anm: The glassless 3D is not on the verizon yet for TV's. It works on small screens like Laptops and that too your position should be at a certain distance and your head in a particular angle. Move an inch and 3d effect is gone.

Planning to buy home theater upto 3 lakhs MRP. Price includes :-
1) Projector and screen
2) Blu ray Player
3) Speaker system
4) Amplifier

Room dimensions are roughly 20 x 10 x 15 = 3000 ft^3.
Open to all suggestions, so please post :)

Hi were you able to finalize something? Actually I'm sailing in the same boat so looking out for some recommendations.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back