Home theater under 50k

waris

Hi,
I am a newbie. I was interested in getting a good quality system. I have read about AV receivers and HTB. My usage is Netflix, Amazon Prime, USB, DTH , MUSIC apps for watching movies and enjoying music.
Can I get Dolby Atmos, 4K, HDR setup in this price range?
Plz suggest.

Hi,
I am a newbie. I was interested in getting a good quality system. I have read about AV receivers and HTB. My usage is Netflix, Amazon Prime, USB, DTH , MUSIC apps for watching movies and enjoying music.
Can I get Dolby Atmos, 4K, HDR setup in this price range?
Plz suggest.
Welcome to the forum. Well I am sorry to say you can’t in 50k. A dolby atmos receiver alone will cost you around 40-50k. You will need a budget of 1L to set the most simplest 4k HDR 5.1.2 atmos set up assuming you already have a tv that supports 4khdr

Welcome to the forum. Well I am sorry to say you can’t in 50k. A dolby atmos receiver alone will cost you around 40-50k. You will need a budget of 1L to set the most simplest 4k HDR 5.1.2 atmos set up assuming you already have a tv that supports 4khdr
What about HTiBs like Htp-076? Are they not decent enough for the price, for a smallish room (160 Sq feet)?

Yeah but he was asking for atmos and 4k HDR
As per the specs, it supports 4k hdr, Dolby vision and atmos. For atmos :
The HTP-076 is compatible with 3.1.2ch configuration of the latest cinema sound platform, Dolby Atmos®. You can reproduce object-oriented sound in smooth, curving movements, or the realistic three-dimensional movement overhead by the top speakers. Other audio codecs such as PCM and DSD can be upmixed using Dolby Surround for enjoying 3D surround sound.

However, I have no idea how good/bad it will work.

Maybe go the second hand way? A lot more work a lot more irritation, but you can achieve satisfactory results for cheap? It will still be extremely tight, and you might have a to increase your budget by a fair bit, 50k is a little too less for what yo want to achieve.

Hi,
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. If i buy a Smart TV with 4K + HDR + dolby vision + ARC/eARC, will that help . I will invest around 60k-80k in Smart TV. Also would like to add that I will be keeping the set-up in my drawing-room. It has an L shape . I am attaching a pic of the layout and size.

Attachments

• drawing room.jpg
    drawing room.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 32
  • drawing room_LI (2).jpg
    drawing room_LI (2).jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
In the current layout, i think Pioneer HTP-076 should be within your budget, it will provide you speakers including AVR, 5.1 playing capabilities for non ATMOS/DTS-X & will give you 3.1.2 for ATMOS/DTS-X source too. Might be you could mount the rear speakers bit higher & angle it to seating position, bcoz as i see your sofa will be against the wall & you will not have space to position rear speakers behind seating. positioning rear speaker higher will help delivering ATMOS/DTS-X experience better ;)

Within budget of 50K getting 5.1.2 config setup doubtful, Try Onkyo HT-S7800 found this online. but IMO Pioneer will be better than Onkyo.

Last edited:
How would these be

1. Denon 550BT + Taga Harmony (TH) 506 v2 (Sub can be added later)
2. Denon x1400H + TH 506 v2 (Will stretch a little)
3. Marantz 1509 + TH 506 v2
4. Denon x1400h / 550BT + Pioneer BS22LR + Pioneer C22 + Micca MB42x
5. Denon X1400h / 550BT + Micca MB42x (4 of them) + Micca MB42x-C
6. Denon x1400h /550BT + TH 606 v3 (Will stretch a lot)

How would these be

1. Denon 550BT + Taga Harmony (TH) 506 v2 (Sub can be added later)
2. Denon x1400H + TH 506 v2 (Will stretch a little)
3. Marantz 1509 + TH 506 v2
4. Denon x1400h / 550BT + Pioneer BS22LR + Pioneer C22 + Micca MB42x
5. Denon X1400h / 550BT + Micca MB42x (4 of them) + Micca MB42x-C
6. Denon x1400h /550BT + TH 606 v3 (Will stretch a lot)
Hi,
Thanks for the suggestion. I googled and found these may not be in budget.

In the current layout, i think Pioneer HTP-076 should be within your budget, it will provide you speakers including AVR, 5.1 playing capabilities for non ATMOS/DTS-X & will give you 3.1.2 for ATMOS/DTS-X source too. Might be you could mount the rear speakers bit higher & angle it to seating position, bcoz as i see your sofa will be against the wall & you will not have space to position rear speakers behind seating. positioning rear speaker higher will help delivering ATMOS/DTS-X experience better ;)

Within budget of 50K getting 5.1.2 config setup doubtful, Try Onkyo HT-S7800 found this online. but IMO Pioneer will be better than Onkyo.
Thank you for the response.
If I understood correctly, It can be configured as 3.1.2 or 5.1 not both. Plz correct me.

Also I was looking at some Soundbars from Sony (X8500) that have Dolby Atmos. They will remove the routing of wires as my ceiling is completed. Are they any good?

Another question I had is if I buy a TV with Dolby Vision and HDR , I don't need that capabilities in AV and can limit the AV to ATMOS & connect via eRC/ARC to TV.Are there any such AVs.

As a compromise if i remove the ATMOS requirements can I reduce the budget and get a good set-up. Will I miss too much.

I know these are lots of queries. Plz help.

Lot of questions, will try to address one by one - bcoz of lockdown, i have lot of time on hand :p

Thank you for the response.
If I understood correctly, It can be configured as 3.1.2 or 5.1 not both. Plz correct me.

Physical connection of speakers to AVR is same, irrespective of whatever mode 3.1.2 or 5.1. Its only when you do the initial setup i.e. config on the AVR you have 2 options either set it up in 3.1.2 or 5.1 mode. I was suggesting you to in this fashion (Height CH), setup in 3.1.2 if you have Dolby Atmos source i.e. from TV or blu-ray. else setup in 5.1 mode (Surround CH). But physical install of Speaker will be good if you do it as shown below, so that its easy for you to just change setting on AVR.

Looks at the manual for more details - https://intl.pioneer-audiovisual.com/manuals/docs/SN29403619A_HTP-076_En_190425_web.pdf

high .jpg

Also I was looking at some Soundbars from Sony (X8500) that have Dolby Atmos. They will remove the routing of wires as my ceiling is completed. Are they any good?

Frankly speaking don't waste your money on Sony (X8500), just save for some more months & go for better setup with proper components. IMHO Soundbars should be opted, if you have serious space constraints or your ok to comprise the immersive experience. Please note, i'm not saying all the Soundbars are bad. Again its personal preference & the question is - does it really satisfy your need? I myself use Yamaha YAS-109 Soundbar (DTS-X) for movies. I find it very optimal for my viewing space & personal preference. I have decided to setup proper 5.1.2 once i move into perfect space which will do justice to the money spent ;)

Another question I had is if I buy a TV with Dolby Vision and HDR , I don't need that capabilities in AV and can limit the AV to ATMOS & connect via eRC/ARC to TV.Are there any such AVs.

Better to invest in TV with Dolby Vision/ATMOS and HDR features, its one time spend for next 5-7yrs. OTT platforms like Netflix, Prime etc will have more ATMOS contents & Disney+Hotstar will surly join the bandwagon in near future.

As a compromise if i remove the ATMOS requirements can I reduce the budget and get a good set-up. Will I miss too much.

Again its very personal choice,
  1. if your thinking of one time setup for next 5-7yrs, then i would suggest go with ATMOS enables devices to get most out of it in long run.
  2. if you think - i don't really care of ATMOS/DTS-X, just need 5.1 setup then go with basic 5.1 AVR + satellite speakers (as your budget is 50k).
  3. if your planning to build gradually, then its a complete different story & you should take baby steps only investing on AVR + Front speakers for now. Keep adding other equipments based on other factors.
End of the day, we can only suggest / recommend, you'r the right person who need to take the call based on your requirement & person preference.
Hope i was able to summarise it, feel free to PM me if you need any inputs/suggestions.

Cheers,
:cool:

Lot of questions, will try to address one by one - bcoz of lockdown, i have lot of time on hand :p

Physical connection of speakers to AVR is same, irrespective of whatever mode 3.1.2 or 5.1. Its only when you do the initial setup i.e. config on the AVR you have 2 options either set it up in 3.1.2 or 5.1 mode. I was suggesting you to in this fashion (Height CH), setup in 3.1.2 if you have Dolby Atmos source i.e. from TV or blu-ray. else setup in 5.1 mode (Surround CH). But physical install of Speaker will be good if you do it as shown below, so that its easy for you to just change setting on AVR.

Looks at the manual for more details - https://intl.pioneer-audiovisual.com/manuals/docs/SN29403619A_HTP-076_En_190425_web.pdf

View attachment 47510

Frankly speaking don't waste your money on Sony (X8500), just save for some more months & go for better setup with proper components. IMHO Soundbars should be opted, if you have serious space constraints or your ok to comprise the immersive experience. Please note, i'm not saying all the Soundbars are bad. Again its personal preference & the question is - does it really satisfy your need? I myself use Yamaha YAS-109 Soundbar (DTS-X) for movies. I find it very optimal for my viewing space & personal preference. I have decided to setup proper 5.1.2 once i move into perfect space which will do justice to the money spent ;)

Better to invest in TV with Dolby Vision/ATMOS and HDR features, its one time spend for next 5-7yrs. OTT platforms like Netflix, Prime etc will have more ATMOS contents & Disney+Hotstar will surly join the bandwagon in near future.

Again its very personal choice,
  1. if your thinking of one time setup for next 5-7yrs, then i would suggest go with ATMOS enables devices to get most out of it in long run.
  2. if you think - i don't really care of ATMOS/DTS-X, just need 5.1 setup then go with basic 5.1 AVR + satellite speakers (as your budget is 50k).
  3. if your planning to build gradually, then its a complete different story & you should take baby steps only investing on AVR + Front speakers for now. Keep adding other equipments based on other factors.
End of the day, we can only suggest / recommend, you'r the right person who need to take the call based on your requirement & person preference.
Hope i was able to summarise it, feel free to PM me if you need any inputs/suggestions.

Cheers,
:cool:
Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my queries. It looks HTP-076 meets my requirements. I hope included speakers are good for listening to music too.
As an additional thought the option of taking baby step and making high quality set-up is also logical.But I have the tendency of becoming lazy .

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my queries. It looks HTP-076 meets my requirements. I hope included speakers are good for listening to music too.
As an additional thought the option of taking baby step and making high quality set-up is also logical.But I have the tendency of becoming lazy .
No problem, there are few reviews available on YouTube on HTP-76 check it, it’s not the best thing to do to take informed decisions however with the current covid situation we don’t have much option left. Stay safe and spend time with family, Hifi devices and on HifiVision.

Hi ,
I also came across Onkyo S3910. How does it compare with HTP076.
I must say you guys have provided very useful inputs. Thanks a lot.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back