Home theater - voltage stabilizer

Ravee_nk

I recently had power related issues with my Denon 1911 receiver; I like to have voltage stabilizer for the entire home theater
set up (not UPS). The current set up is as below:

55" LED TV - 224 W
AV receiver - 460 W
Sub woofer - 165 W RMS / 275W Peak
PS 3 player - 230 W
HD set top box - 30 W

Total 1125 W including the peak Sub woofer power; otw 1015 W

Digi 200 of V Gaurd is 6 Amp and hence should handle. Or should I have 2 stabilizers and split
the TV, Sub woofer and HD set top box to one and the rest to another?

Senior members, experts, please advise.

Thanks in advance

I recently had power related issues with my Denon 1911 receiver; I like to have voltage stabilizer for the entire home theater
set up (not UPS). The current set up is as below:

55" LED TV - 224 W
AV receiver - 460 W
Sub woofer - 165 W RMS / 275W Peak
PS 3 player - 230 W
HD set top box - 30 W

Total 1125 W including the peak Sub woofer power; otw 1015 W

Digi 200 of V Gaurd is 6 Amp and hence should handle. Or should I have 2 stabilizers and split
the TV, Sub woofer and HD set top box to one and the rest to another?

Senior members, experts, please advise.

Thanks in advance

Hello Ravee_NK,

I strongly recommend a Constant Voltage Transformer (CVT) instead of a stabilizer. The CVT will make slight noise of its own, so you will have to locate it remotely. Elnova, Elent are some of the brands I know. Local make should also be fine. Divide the wattage that you need by 0.7 when you place the order.

A bad stabilizer is worse than having none at all.

Electronics equipment like TV, AV Receiver, STB all use SMPS, but its a shame they don't cover a slightly wider input voltage variation even if it won't cost them extra.

Regards,

Ravindra.

Thanks v much! Considered your suggestion; too much hassle getting suitable electrical help in the small town I live; got a Digi 200 V Gaurd 6Amp; able to connect my TV, AV receiver, set top box & sub woofer with load ~ 1000w with enough headroom. Will hook the PS3 player HDMI to TV as and when need with a HDMI to the TV. Yes, I won't be able to use the Amp's remote to control PS3; then that is limited downside. Thanks again!

Thanks v much! Considered your suggestion; too much hassle getting suitable electrical help in the small town I live; got a Digi 200 V Gaurd 6Amp; able to connect my TV, AV receiver, set top box & sub woofer with load ~ 1000w with enough headroom. Will hook the PS3 player HDMI to TV as and when need with a HDMI to the TV. Yes, I won't be able to use the Amp's remote to control PS3; then that is limited downside. Thanks again!

From where and how much?

Ordered on Amazon & home delivered; hooked it up myself. Yes I had to convert my 5amps wall socket to 15 amps as Digi 200 comes with 16amp plug.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back