home theater

pradhan

Hi
i am new to this forum and one of my friend introduce me to this forum...i am glad to be part of this...I am building a ht setup and i am having Marantz sr6007 and waiting for Krypton audio speaker 5.0 to arrive in 3rd week of april...i am building this setup around Samsung 46'' led es7500 TV.I am having airtel Hd dvr ...I am into movie and music each says 50 percent ...i am looking forward for guidance in building this setup ...:)

How big is your room?- Length, Width and Height?

Do you have a Bluray player?

Not familiar with Krypton audio speaker 5.0

What type of guidance are you looking for?

Welcome pradhan
Krypton Audio -- Hari Iyers - Good Choice
I think you need a good subwoofer - the speakers provide v good bass - but in 5.1 or 7.1 some information specifically encoded for Sub ( that is .1)
all the best for your journey and keep posting..

Welcome pradhan
Krypton Audio -- Hari Iyers - Good Choice
I think you need a good subwoofer - the speakers provide v good bass - but in 5.1 or 7.1 some information specifically encoded for Sub ( that is .1)
all the best for your journey and keep posting..

Thanks Hemant. The front speakers uses a 6.5" Kevlar mid-woofer which will be as low as 23Hz @ -6dB levels. Also the center and surrounds are as low as 35Hz @ -6dB levels. Integrating the sub with the rest of the system has always been the toughest task. After installation it will be more clear if a sub will be really required which i think will not be so.

i had same question in mind for subwoofer ....in 5.1 or 7.1 some information specifically encoded for Sub ( that is .1) so how that information will pass to 5.0 setup

Last edited:
How big is your room?- Length, Width and Height?

Do you have a Bluray player?

Not familiar with Krypton audio speaker 5.0

What type of guidance are you looking for?

i am looking for blue ray player budget 10k preferably region free...i am looking for guidance about blue ray player...inter connect , digital cable, speaker wire , speaker stand for speaker weight around 12k...:)

hari - actually subwoofer required as mastering is done for Sub - THAT IS MY THOUGHT...as it is done 5.1 when you choose NO SUB in AVR the Bass is routed through front speakers.
This is additional processing of 5.1 or 7.1 output - may not be desired by sound engineer and may be different for different AVR's
so I think a good MATCHING sub is reqd.

Members is my thinking right?

depends on use.
yes for original cinema tracks a sub is needed.as recordings are done that way..cant help..
for 2 ch music..not really...if the fs is good.

btw very nice gear you do have...master hari's speakers and marantz..congratulation...
get a blu ray player later...

An 11-foot wide room means that you will have dips in the frequency response at around 51Hz and 103Hz across your seating area. Since you're not using subwoofers, you can cancel those nulls by placing your left and right speakers at 33 inches in from the side walls.

Also, any chance you could move your seating forward or is it fixed at 13 feet from the front wall?

An 11-foot wide room means that you will have dips in the frequency response at around 51Hz and 103Hz across your seating area. Since you're not using subwoofers, you can cancel those nulls by placing your left and right speakers at 33 inches in from the side walls.

Also, any chance you could move your seating forward or is it fixed at 13 feet from the front wall?

appreciate :clapping:....yes i can move ..do let me know ...

Even divisions (halves, quarters) are good spots to put speakers in order to smoothen out frequency response, hence my suggestion to place your L/R speakers at the 1/4 and 3/4 divisions of room width (33 inches in from the side walls).

By comparison, odd divisions (thirds, fifths) are good locations to put listeners in order to hear smoother frequency response (fewer peaks & dips). So if you can put your seating 7.6 feet (1/3 room length) or 9.2 feet (2/5 room length) from the front wall, you would get smoother response, letting you hear details that would otherwise be masked by loud peaks or buried in quiet dips.

This would also help make your video experience more immersive. For movie watching, SMPTE recommends that the visual image occupy at least 30 degrees of your horizontal vision and THX recommends that the image take up 36 degrees of your view. By comparison, your 46-inch display when viewed from 13 feet away, only takes up a tiny 14 degrees of your vision.

If you can move your seating to one of the locations I mentioned, you could get a 33 degree viewing angle (9.2 foot seating distance) or an immersive 39 degree viewing angle (7.6 foot seating distance). I can understand the latter being too much of a move from your current location, but if you could move your seating a little under 4 feet forward, that would still make for a nice improvement (both audio and video wise).

Even divisions (halves, quarters) are good spots to put speakers in order to smoothen out frequency response, hence my suggestion to place your L/R speakers at the 1/4 and 3/4 divisions of room width (33 inches in from the side walls).

By comparison, odd divisions (thirds, fifths) are good locations to put listeners in order to hear smoother frequency response (fewer peaks & dips). So if you can put your seating 7.6 feet (1/3 room length) or 9.2 feet (2/5 room length) from the front wall, you would get smoother response, letting you hear details that would otherwise be masked by loud peaks or buried in quiet dips.

This would also help make your video experience more immersive. For movie watching, SMPTE recommends that the visual image occupy at least 30 degrees of your horizontal vision and THX recommends that the image take up 36 degrees of your view. By comparison, your 46-inch display when viewed from 13 feet away, only takes up a tiny 14 degrees of your vision.

If you can move your seating to one of the locations I mentioned, you could get a 33 degree viewing angle (9.2 foot seating distance) or an immersive 39 degree viewing angle (7.6 foot seating distance). I can understand the latter being too much of a move from your current location, but if you could move your seating a little under 4 feet forward, that would still make for a nice improvement (both audio and video wise).

I really appreciate you for providing very technical and practical explanation :signthankspin: ...Please confirm distance to be measured from front wall or from tv monitor or from speaker ? 9.2 is achievable from tv monitor:yahoo: but not so sure about 7.6....

Please confirm distance to be measured from front wall or from tv monitor or from speaker ?
9.2 feet measured from the front wall, which is 2/5 of room length (23 feet).

By the way, considering your seating is away from the back wall, you are an ideal candidate for a 7.1 set-up. Something to consider as and when you can afford a couple more surround speakers. You'll get excellent rear-vs-side separation in the surround field.

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back