Home theatre - budget 1 lac

drbharathrao

Hi, I want to switch from my 10 year old sony 5.1 system to a new one with a budget of 1 lac.. Can someone advice??living room is 22 feet by 12 feet but the distance between sitting and the television is 12 feet.

I would get a Marantz NR1609 (7.1.2 capable) for around 42-44K , 2 pairs of Q acoustics 3010i -23K each pair and their 3090CI center for 19K or the Emotiva C1 - 27K.

You could forego the centre if you are the only main listener or if the rest of the seats are not too off-axis (>30degrees).

Add a decent Sub later on and Atmos speakers if you wish.

Hi, I want to switch from my 10 year old sony 5.1 system to a new one with a budget of 1 lac.. Can someone advice??living room is 22 feet by 12 feet but the distance between sitting and the television is 12 feet.
Please share more details on your expectations. Do you want 5.1, 7.1 or Atmos. Picture of your room or layout which will help us to guide you better. Are you willing to spend more or want to restrict to 1 lakh.

I would get a Marantz NR1609 (7.1.2 capable) for around 42-44K , 2 pairs of Q acoustics 3010i -23K each pair and their 3090CI center for 19K or the Emotiva C1 - 27K.

You could forego the centre if you are the only main listener or if the rest of the seats are not too off-axis (>30degrees).

Add a decent Sub later on and Atmos speakers if you wish.
Hi..thanks for the quick response...where do I buy these?? Online??

Please share more details on your expectations. Do you want 5.1, 7.1 or Atmos. Picture of your room or layout which will help us to guide you better. Are you willing to spend more or want to restrict to 1 lakh.
I would like to restrict it to 1 lac as of now..can add later on

^^ as pointed, NR1609 is 5.1.2 capable which should suffice, given the budget.

Have a listen to the Qacoustics, i was blown away by these speakers, blows the competition at its price range.

I would suggest having a demo of the speakers if possible in Bengaluru or somewhere closer and only then buy.
The Amp you could still buy online.

Suggest buying the whole package from a single dealer to get the most discounts.

I would like to restrict it to 1 lac as of now..can add later on

A Pioneer LX 303, a 9.2 AVR capable of 7.1.2 for your room size would be good, as you can add speakers later too.. But if you feel it isn't necessary, you may settle for a 5.1 AVR..

Any 5.1 AVR for 30 ~ 40K..
Any dual subs for 40K..
Any speakers / package for 30K.. This will make your set-up 5.2..

Hi..thank you for the response..can you please suggest in detail about the speakers too??
( Whats your opinion about the Bose acoustimass 10 series V?)

Whats your opinion about the Bose acoustimass 10 series V?

Per the Bose India website, Bose acoustimass 10 series V 5.1 package is itself as much as your budget 95K.. You will need atleast a 5.1 AVr in addition to that speaker package.. which can bring it to 1.4 Lacs..

If you were to spend 1.4 Lacs for a 5.1 AVR + bose set-up, you can quite comfortably complete a 5.2.4 set-up with other brands..

can you please suggest in detail about the speakers too??

For your room size, you need dual subs for a solid HT experience.. 40K atleast.. Taga Harmony TSW 120 / 200 (or) any other equivalent models in the price range..

For speaker, you may consider Taga Harmony 5.0 FS speakers package.. Taga 406 (20K) on amazon.in (or) hifimart.com..

You may consider Polk, Wharfedale, Sonodyne etc. as well
7.2 AVR typically starts from 50k. If you don't want to stretch your budget you may stick to 5.2 AVR like Denon 550BT and use the balance for speakers.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back