Home Theatre for home

RAJUSH26

Hi friends,
I need advice for a good audio/video system for my home .
My living room dimensions are L= 15 feet W= 11 feet.
At present I have a Sony 40" TV and a Philips DVD player.
My Budjet is 50-60 K (could stretch to 70K).
Music and Movies 50-50 % usage
Clear,Crisp and good bass even at med-high volume levels a requsite.
Would appreciate a inbuilt Blue ray player
Do AVR's have 3D Video content playing capabilities.

I have looked up reviews of various
HTIB systems (SONY,LG, SAMSUNG) AND
also separated systems consisiting of AVR's (DENON, YAMAHA, PIONEER etc).
and 5.1 speakers sets on line and now I am completely confused.

Pls advice

Stay away from htibs of Sony, LG, Samsung and the likes. You can get a very good system for 70K. There is no blu-ray player with AVR based systems. All latest AVRs support HD audio and 3D video support. Buying AVR + speaker system is better than HTiBs. You can mix match AVRs and speakers of your choice. Before make the buy, read more. Also have a look at hifimart.com.

+1 to baiju.........
go with a seperate AVR + 5.1 speaker system
suggest either Marantz/Denon depending on what sound you like. Pair that with a good 5.1 satellite speaker system and you are good to go. Another better option would be to get the AVR + 2 BS speakers and then later add more speakers...........will give you a better sounding system in the long run. For AVRs + speakers, have a look at :
India's audio video home theatre and hi-fi shopping mart
TechnoGuru : Online Shopping Website For Electronics - Techno-Guru - Online Electronics Store

Good AVRs : Marantz, Denon, Yamah, Onkyo
Good Speakers : Wharfedale, Polk Audio, Mission, Mordaun Short, Jamo, Boston Acoustics, Canton, Monitor Audio, Paradigm, etc.........

Some speakers go well with some receivers, so please hear them before you decide.

yes for 70k u shd go separtes...and as stated abobe some speakers sound good with some recivers...so it ur ears..
somewhere I read in this forum onkyo for movies..marantz/yamaha for music..denon balanced..not sure ask the gurus here....
but its ur ears at the last....polk/denon are good combo......
u shd try sonodyne if there is a listing room in ur city..indian brand but world class speakers..they also keep denon and marantz for demo..free monster cable:D:D
well just a suggetsion.

I visited a local store in pune today.
I heard harmon 134 AVR and harmon 5.1 speaker set ,the movie track was great but the music track was shallow in terms of bass. dealer explained that movie DVD's, BLUE RAY discs have a special track for bass bosster hence the effect.
His choice was YAMAHA 671 AVR AND HARMON 5.1 SPEAKERS COST 45K EACH THUS TOATAL 90K AND 5-10 K FOR HDMI CABLES .
ALSO his advice was that a complete HDM I cables set up was better to optoic or coaxial cable set up as it reduces the cluterr.
PLS PLS ADVICE!!!!!!

ALSO his advice was that a complete HDM I cables set up was better to optoic or coaxial cable set up as it reduces the cluterr.
PLS PLS ADVICE!!!!!!

completly agree.
but so costly hdmi cables will only add the effect at 5% only.if you want to lose 5% music u can easily go for normal cheap hdmi cables.

about other point pls pls dont hurry as u are spending ur hard earned money:).ask the gurus and audition as much as possible.also try original blu ray discs for movies and original cds for music.
try same track or same scene for comparison
are u not getting denon 1912..its the best nowadays..just a suggestion..belive ur ears..

Last edited:
I travel abroad a lot. Will it be prudent to buy yamaha 671 avr say fm hongkong ,as abroad price of same avr is ~550 usd (31000 inr) vis-a vis 45k here in pune.

I travel abroad a lot. Will it be prudent to buy yamaha 671 avr say fm hongkong ,as abroad price of same avr is ~550 usd (31000 inr) vis-a vis 45k here in pune.

That would be lot better if you are buying it in US and bring it with you. It would be a huge saving. You can never imagine the same price in India.

Two points to note,
  • You should have space in your luggage or/and prepare to pay extra luggage.
  • You should be able to negotiate with the Customs

But since your budget is around 60-70K, how will you manage to buy the rest of 5.1 components in 30K when you have cut a huge slice for AVR(40-50%) :rolleyes:

Do the calculation before buying up the components on the budget.

buying in singapore or usa or in a super sale abroad will save u a lot.just nego with indian customs guys..it happens regularly no problem...
that product wont be in india warranty..but who cares if u are getting it at half price say

but as I said do not hurry..pls audition reciever+speakers

Thank you friends for all ur inputs well i have decided i will buy the avr on my next trip abroad and then buy speakers set fm here, preferably fm mumbai. What u say guys.which is the latest avr's and also any good forth coming ones fm brands like yamaha , denon, pioneer etc. I want to go for the best ,future proof avr then build up my speaker set gradually within my budget limitations.

One advice on HT in the living room. The Living room is used by many people of the home. Also playing loud music/movies in the living room could be disturbing, especially if there are older people in the home. A dedicate HT room is suggested, if possible.

Thanks guys , yes i did go thru the av meet organised by av nerul. I also called them but as of now there is no stock of yamaha 671 or any other mid range avr's , new container is scheduled to come in about 1 1/2 months time. Let's see .

Thank you friends for all ur inputs well i have decided i will buy the avr on my next trip abroad and then buy speakers set fm here, preferably fm mumbai. What u say guys.which is the latest avr's and also any good forth coming ones fm brands like yamaha , denon, pioneer etc. I want to go for the best ,future proof avr then build up my speaker set gradually within my budget limitations.

If you haven't heard Sonodyne Sonus speakers (From India), give them a listen. For 50K, you can have a cracking system. FS Speakers + Dipole surrounds + Class leading Subwoofer all for 50K.

^^^^^^ very true.if you have sonodyne listing rooms nearby.try it.they keep good recievers to experiment with.try once.with 50k killer package .also a 20% less any audio product exchange sale is going on......plus they have EMI options ready.....

yes in kolkata showroom(listning room:--)) its avilable by bajajmotorfinance..........dont know about other cities....
..shd be.if avilable in one city.
plus sonodyne is in facebook.u can always get the best and latest info there.one of their sales and marketing person always provide u the answers in facebook.

Hi friends , thanks , by the way which would be a medium level avr suitable for the sonodyne spur set that u'all have mentioned

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back