Home theatre setup for <45k, 70:30 Movies : Music

D_minor7

Hello everyone,
i am new to this forum and this is my first post!
I am in the process of building a home theater for myself. My room size is approximately 12*10. i am located in bangalore
My usage will be mostly(70%) music (primarily rock,metal) and movies.
I have browsed the forum for a few days and have settled on the DENON 1610 as the amp and was initially thinking of getting bookshelves (Tannoy F1 custom or Wharfdale 10.1).
As many forum members would agree, i was slowly building up the system with my current budget at hand and then add on.
i am now getting a good deal on Polk monitor 60 floorstanders(@20k) and am instead going for them instead of bookshelves at this moment. The price that i am getting for the 1610 is 25.7k.
What do you guys think about the setup? can this be bettered at this price point?
What DVD player do i get? i saw a pioneer model (i think it was 200k or some thing like that!) for 3499...do you think it will be a good buy?
How can i listen to the radio(am/fm) with this setup?

Your views would be most appreciated

Please stay away from ONKYO speakers. There are much better speakers out there. Check out the wharfdale diamond 9 series.

I have made the purchase....I bought a denon 1910 instead of a 1610 and Polk tsi200's....and a polk sub! Everything from profx...i know that maybe wharfdales or tannoys are better speakers but profx...has service everywhere...

I have made the purchase....I bought a denon 1910 instead of a 1610 and Polk tsi200's....and a polk sub! Everything from profx...i know that maybe wharfdales or tannoys are better speakers but profx...has service everywhere...

Congratulations on your new purchase :clapping: Enjoy the setup.

Post some pics and prices.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back