Home Theatre Setup in 1 Lakh

bhuvan

I would like to setup my HT for about 1 Lakh (+/- 20k), and would like some advice on the various components. I have a Polk audio tsx 330 with a denon stereo integrated amp back at home, which I quite like, so I do not expect the moon, just nice, warm sound with tight, punchy bass.

Usage will be music (50%) and movies/sitcoms(50%). I will use the system in a 2.1 setup for music and 5.1 for videos. I would like to spend most on the front floor-standers as they will drive my music primarily.

This is the setup I had in mind:
1.) AVR - Pioneer VSX - 524k - 25k
2.) Front floorstanders - Wharfedale diamond 230/Polk audio Tsx 440 - 45k
3.) Centre channel - Wharfedale diamond 10cc/polk tsx 150c - 12k
4.) Surround speakers - Wharfedale diamond 210 - 15k
5.) Sub - Polk PSW 110 - 19k

The surround speakers will be wall mounted using the wharfedale wall mounts. Wiring etc, I will buy extra, not part of this budget.

Will I need a sub? Or will the large front speakers negate the need for one, and I can add one later if required? Also, I am familiar with the polks sound signature, any place in NCR I can audition Wharfedales?

Any other suggestions also will be welcome. Thanks in advance.

I think Bass N Treble keep Wharfedale.

If the room size is small to medium, you might not need a subwoofer and as you said, you can always add it later.

I would strongly suggest a better AVR. If you put the Subwoofer budget in AVR, you may be able to get one of the Marantz AVRs on sale in the forum.

I think Bass N Treble keep Wharfedale.

If the room size is small to medium, you might not need a subwoofer and as you said, you can always add it later.

I would strongly suggest a better AVR. If you put the Subwoofer budget in AVR, you may be able to get one of the Marantz AVRs on sale in the forum.

Thanks for the advice. I also liked what I read about the Wharfedales. The room is not very big, but one side of the room, opens up into my living room, and when I have music playing, I might be in the living room. anyway, woofer can be bought later, I feel.

About the AVR, the pioneer is a nice, solid AVR, right, why the suggestion to get something else? Any recommendation in Marantz, I cannot find a 5.1 one, I really don't want all the fancy wifi, bluetooth etc, I have a Revo which will connect into the AVR.

Hi Bhuvan

With that kind of a budget I am sure you will find something that appeals to you...so carry your music and audition all available systems...shortlist and decide...

Main thing is to trust your ears......after all you are the end user who will be using it...all of us can recommend but have different hearing aspirations in terms of volume levels, frequencies, bassy, punchy.....room shaking etc...

All the best....there are many dealers, I am sure most will underquote from each other to get a quick deal done...don't rush....

I would say move away from the Polk Tsx since you have a good budget and try and accommodate the Tannoy Vi 5.1 package along with a Denon AVR,though it will or might overshoot your budget by 10/20k it will be money well spent. And yes above all trust your ears and do audition before buying. Wharfedales though great but Rob's the excitement off movie soundtrack,that's my opinion though.

I would say move away from the Polk Tsx since you have a good budget and try and accommodate the Tannoy Vi 5.1 package along with a Denon AVR,though it will or might overshoot your budget by 10/20k it will be money well spent. And yes above all trust your ears and do audition before buying. Wharfedales though great but Rob's the excitement off movie soundtrack,that's my opinion though.

The Tannoy Vi 5.1 is very tempting, though a fair bit over my budget, any place in NCR I can audition them? Any denon 5.1 AVR you have in mind, I'd rather not have the wifi, bluetooth etc, as my chromecast and Revo dock will plug into the AVR.

I have read a lot about the pioneer andrew jones 5.1 set for 50k odd, are they really that good?

I'm new to NCR, and hence need a few recommendations of good places, sellers I can trust and goto for advice.

Since your music and movie preference is 50:50 ,Add the choice of Marantz /Denon AVR with Dali Zensor 5 as fronts and Zensor 1 as rear speakers in your list.Try to audition ,shortlist and decide based on your taste.

About the AVR, the pioneer is a nice, solid AVR, right, why the suggestion to get something else? Any recommendation in Marantz, I cannot find a 5.1 one, I really don't want all the fancy wifi, bluetooth etc, I have a Revo which will connect into the AVR.

Nothing against Pioneer in particular. I'm sure it's a great product. But, budget AVRs in general are not known for sound quality. Since you give equal weightage to music, you will need a better amp inside the AVR to achieve better sound quality from those speakers. And that is where a mid- or high-end AVR differs, not only in terms of few extra features. Below are a few good AVRs on sale within your AVR+SUB budget (no affiliations):

Want to own a Beast? SR5008 7.2 Marantz 3D 4K AVR fairly priced! - HiFiADS.com

Marantz SR-7007 - HiFiADS.com

Denon AVR-2312 7.2ch AV Receiver - HiFiADS.com

Yamaha RX-V677 7.2ch AV Receiver - HiFiADS.com

And, the best option near your budget according to me (considering sound quality): Nad t748 - HiFiADS.com

For speakers, this could be great: Tannoy Mercury Vi 7.0 Package (Dark Chocolate) - HiFiADS.com

Hey, so a small update.

I have ordered the Tannoy mercury V4i floorstanders. They were out of stock at most places, as the newer, much more expensive eclipse range have replaced them. Should get them in 4-5 days.

Will also be getting the yamaha RX-V479 AVR, as I really don't want a 7.2(denon 1200 etc) and this yamaha looks solid.

Will then slowly build in the centre and rears. If I can find the tannoy VCi, ill probably get that as the centre speaker to maintain overall voice tonality.

Surrounds will be the last thing. I don't think I will need a sub, as the room is quite small, the V4i's had good, punchy bass and I don't want my neighbours to be troubled.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back