Home theatre solution under 50K?

neelgujral

I just got myself an Epson 5030 from the USA(btw, its awesome) and I'm now looking for a home theatre solution for my to be media room. I'll accept the fact that I have zero experience and this is going to be my first venture into something of this sort. I'd appreciate if you would help me out choosing the right audio solution for the same.

The dimensions of my room are 22*17*8.5. My usage would be 70% movies/tv shows and 30% for audio. My budget for the same is 50,000 on the higher side. I live in a small city Jabalpur (MP) and can't get hands on experience to most systems (Denon, Onkyo, Yamaha) discussed in the forums, so I'm totally dependent upon online reviews and suggestions. I had a look at the basic HTIBs from Sony and LG which were at about 20-25k and honestly I didn't like them much.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Don't go for Sony, LG HTs. You should get a decent AVR like Yamaha 373 or Denon AVR-X500 in this budget. But keep in mind that you have to buy good quality speaker cables which may cost atleast 1200 for your room dimension.
As for AVR, personally I feel yamaha to be very bright or not natural than denon. Onkyo are optimised for mov & not doing well for music.
I would suggest to build your HT system slowly, first buy a decent AVR with room calibration system. Then you can go for 2 bookshelves and a centre. Later you can add surrounds and a subwoofer. This option may push your budget, but the result will be much better.

You can browse for price online from www.htstore.in or hifimart.com or http://www.pepperfry.com/yamaha-rxv-375-full-scale-av-entertainment-1072673.html

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply Rupam. The thing is that I'm totally inexperienced about music systems until now, I dont even know if amps and receivers are the same thing or not. Is there a thread/sticky that could help be brief myself with the basics so I could take an informed decision. A friend of mine suggested me to go with the complete Deenon 1312 or Denon 1513 5.1 systems. Are they a safe bet? I've also heard sweet stuff about the Onkyo 2400s. I'd like if you link me to an article that may be helpful for me :)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back