Home Theatre System around 20k

pratikjain134

Hi,
I am new to this forum & I have arrived here because I am confused & I need experts help. I have a Sony Bravia TV 43inch which I love for watching movies. I have a hall of 14x14. I want to spend on a really good 5.1 home theatre system which can be around 20kish. I was looking at Logitech Z906 as everyone says its really nice. Also I had a live session in Sony with the DZ350. I really like the sound of Sony but lot of friends said don't buy it as the amp resides in the dvd player which causes heating issues in the later stages. I cannot get the demo of Logitech anywhere in Mumbai so I am not sure. I am open to any company speaker till the time they are the best for movie experience.

My only requirement is Movies and Music via bluetooth.
It will be great to hear different opinions. Thanks.

taga harmony 5.1 set plus AVR will be close to 50K (even for entry level AVR)
Other options (apart from z906) is YHT 196, with added chromecast for wifi streaming. YHT 196 gives much better connectivity and flexibility for upgradation later.

If your budget is strict 20K then go for Logitech. I still have my Z5500 and I still like them for movies.

I am still confused a lot. After reading a lot and talking to people I was thinking of buying the Sony DZ 350. Reasons for buying this Sony product are..
1. I don't have to worry about setting up the 5.1 at my house. Sony will arrange for the guy to do the setup.
2. I have heard the sound of the product and I am happy with it.
3. I know I will never use the dvd player just the bluetooth,FM and for movies.

BUT
As I read through the forums people are saying that buying AV receivers makes sense as you can connect your set top box and stuff to it and then the receiver can connect with one wire to the TV. Which made sense. But if I do that, I am confused which one to buy for around 20k & how will I manage to setup the wiring of 5.1 in my house?

I am willing to stretch my budget to 50k if I go the AV receiver route. Can you guys suggest a good 2017 combination of AV receiver and speakers for a 5.1 setup? Also it would be great if anyone knows people who can do the wiring in Mumbai area (I am going to ask HiFiMart I am sure they will do the setup as well).

What's the difference between TAGA HARMONY TAV-406 V.2 SET & TAGA HARMONY TAV-506 V.2 HOME THEATRE SPEAKER SYSTEM. The cost is almost similar but still you guys are suggesting me 406?

Last edited:
Hi

Since you are based in Mumbai...

Visit Reliance Digital / Vijay Sales to audition Yamaha / Pioneer AVR systems...

Then Visit Heera Panna, Cinebels, MZ Audio, Fair Deal, Audio One, The Den...these are some of the prominent dealers who sell different systems...

You should go for a system which meets your requirements in terms of appearance, performance, connectivity, budget etc.....trust your ears and instincts....you are the end user....

Sony IV-300 HT. I bought it for my bedroom a week back, where I have a Tata Sky, Smart TV and a PS4. It's VERY good for the price and looks sleek. It's got ARC, 4k passthrough, screen mirroring and the works. Oh, and it worked for me because I didn't want a DVD player, only a receiver, which this is.

IMO, it's an absolute no brainer in that range. The Logitech isn't digital ouput; pretty outdated.

Sony IV-300 HT. I bought it for my bedroom a week back, where I have a Tata Sky, Smart TV and a PS4. It's VERY good for the price and looks sleek. It's got ARC, 4k passthrough, screen mirroring and the works. Oh, and it worked for me because I didn't want a DVD player, only a receiver, which this is.

IMO, it's an absolute no brainer in that range. The Logitech isn't digital ouput; pretty outdated.

This looks damn cool will hear this one. Thanks.

Hi

Since you are based in Mumbai...

Visit Reliance Digital / Vijay Sales to audition Yamaha / Pioneer AVR systems...

Then Visit Heera Panna, Cinebels, MZ Audio, Fair Deal, Audio One, The Den...these are some of the prominent dealers who sell different systems...

You should go for a system which meets your requirements in terms of appearance, performance, connectivity, budget etc.....trust your ears and instincts....you are the end user....
Yes I am planning to get in touch with HiFiMart in Colaba and hear the AV.

Do let me know when u finalise the system.. I am also looking for AVR setup under budget of 50 k max
Sure but right now Sony IV 300 looks really cool. I'll be hearing it out in the showroom and taking my decision. Will update irrespective on this forum as my final purchase.

Sure but right now Sony IV 300 looks really cool. I'll be hearing it out in the showroom and taking my decision. Will update irrespective on this forum as my final purchase.

I just check IV 300 is well.. looks super cool in the range.. tell us about your experience

Hi

These are the broad level specs of IV 300...i guess due to GST price has been hiked now...earlier available within 20k...

Sony HT iv300 Home Theater Speakers with Bluetooth | Sony IN

Full range speakers and a decent sub....dont expect it to perform like big systems which provide heart pounding clear low bass and exceptional highs....

The IV 300 is a decent system from the whole lot of available Home Theatre in a Box price segment...you put a little more cash and you can get a Yamaha entry level system....

key is to audition for yourself and decide...ultimately you are the end user and its your money being spent....

Finally bought the Sony IV300. Really happy with the demo. For now just setting it up with all the wiring and stuff. Will share my experience once I watch a nice 5.1 Dolby movie on it :p Thanks guys for the suggestion.

Finally bought the Sony IV300. Really happy with the demo. For now just setting it up with all the wiring and stuff. Will share my experience once I watch a nice 5.1 Dolby movie on it [emoji14] Thanks guys for the suggestion.
That's an excellent system for simple usage. Do post pictures and your impressions on it. I am sure it will help a lot of budding 'audiophiles'.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

So finally I was able to do the 5.1 setup in my hall room with the Sony IV 300. I wanted to point out here that the wires that came by default with the system were really short in length & as this is the first time I was getting something like this in my house, I was unaware that I will have to get the wiring done on my own via my electrician. My luck I had the best guy with me who got the wiring done for me in the best manner possible (Can share his details if anyone needs him in Mumbai, also will post clear pictures soon of the entire setup). He is a genius & I never bothered to call the sony guys to fix the system. We did it on our own and its working perfect. Just for reference I will attach the wires images as well. These are high end wires which are used for system like BOSE & Yamaha. For now I have tested some of the 5.1 Dolby videos and was really impressed with the sound. Planning to watch few 5.1 movies over the weekend and give a detailed review.
I was very happy with Clear Audio technology in this HTS as it takes the 2.1 audio source and distributes it into all 5 speakers. Playing music via BT was fabulous, really enjoying this. Still not configured the FM radio will do that as well.

Attachments

• 20170927_164004.jpg
    20170927_164004.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 28
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back