Home theatre system - Denon X1400 and Taga Harmony TAV 606-SE

FT2157

First off, I am happy to find this vibrant community here. Having been a member of a very active photography forum, I appreciate the value in senior members advising newcomers.
I am looking into purchasing an AV receiver and speaker set for my living room and would be grateful for some advice:
Usage: mix of music (streaming), gaming on the ps4 and lots of streaming video. Connected to a 50 inch tv
Room size: approximately 10 feet x 18 feet, with some openings on both sides at one end (like a T-shape)

AV receiver: I have done a decent amount of research and narrowed down to a denon x1400. The market price seems to be around 41-42k. Is this more or less accurate? I felt that the bump up of about 10k over the lower model (x5xx series) seemed to bring with it a number of additional features as well as quality advantages (including better terminals, wifi and atmos) that make it worth the money. The dealer I visited also suggested that it is better to go for denon or yamaha than onkyo or pioneer as the former two have a robust service network in India. Marantz is a bit too expensive for me at the moment. Would this assessment of buying the x1400 be correct?

Speakers: This is the main issue for me at the moment. Given that it is a rented place and I don't know how long I will be here, there is a limited amount I can do in terms of acoustic conditioning of the room. The dealer initially suggested I go only for two speakers to start with and then build up, but I was thinking of going for a surround system in one go and later on perhaps buying atmos speakers. I do not use too much bass (even the older bose companion 3 system I had had the bass turned down a lot) and I was considering going first for the TAGA Harmony TAV 606 SE as the starting kit. I have not auditioned this set but from the owners threads and general reviews it seems to have no problems. Would it be wise to go for this set and then, depending on need, buy a sub? I am drawn by the relatively low price of this 5.0 system.

Wiring: I do not know much about this issue. Would appreciate advice on what would be the correct approach to buy wires that are of an acceptable quality but not too expensive. Does one just buy a spool of generic wire online, or is there a suggested set of brands to focus on given the setup I am considering?

Audition: Does anyone know of a place in NCR I can audition the TAGA speakers?

Thanks in advance for reading and your valuable feedback!

Check PRO FX if any outlet is nearby for Denon Audition .In Profx you can see Yamaha models aswell.
Taga brands are VFM for starter.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back