home theatre system using low cost amplifier

pramoz

Hello,
This is a newbie level question. I own a set of Bose speakers for a 5.1 system but unfortunately my old JVC receiver just conked off and cannot be repaired. I have a Sony bdp-s380 Blu-ray player.
I was thinking of buying a Pyle pfa540bt compact receiver from amazon to connect to my Blu-ray player through HDMI and to connect my Bose speakers to the reciever.
My question is- will I get HD audio (Dolby digital and DTS) using this set up. I tried looking up the manual of the Pyle pfa540bt receiver and there is no mention of an in built decoder. Now I understand that the s380 Blu-ray player from Sony has in built Dolby digital and DTS decoders. Will an HDMI connection be enough? Do I need to purchase an external HDMI to HDMI decoder?
Please help.

How much are you getting this receiver for? That will decide whether this it's going to be a better deal than buying a receiver from denon, Marantz, Yamaha, etc.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

It's a pretty basic one for 10k. What I wanted to know was is it possible to attach an HDMI to HDMI decoder and then plug in the HDMI output of this decoder into the amp to get 5.1?

Also there are assembled amps (from companies like techwich) available which are dirt cheap. If I get an external HDMI to analog 5.1 decoder would that do the job? Or are assembled amps dangerous to use with Bose speakers? Can the speakers get fried?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back