Hometheatre plus stereo at ~60k

Mallyanishanth

Hello eveeybody,

Need some help with selecting a good Amp and speakers. Details below. Really appreciate your time.

Space: I live in an apartment with a huge hall which can be dividend into 4 squares. I am going to be using one corner (square) of it as my home theatre space. Each square is a 10ftx10ft.

Tv: Planning to buy the 65 inch Mi tv 4k. It has an HDMI Arc, placed 10 -12 feet from the couch.

Multimedia: I have a airtel dth internet tv, which helps me stream on Netflix, Amazon music on YouTube. (OK to change the way of using this device).

Usage: Watching movies, streaming content on Netflix prime. Lots of music either through aux, YouTube streaming, cast.Very unlikely to use dvds.

Query:
1.what is the best system for home treatre and stereo experience within the budget of 60k. ?
2.Because the room is so huge, is there a way to improve the overall experience ?
3. Is the airtel DTH good enough? Should I change the input? What is the best way to connect the system ?

Hello eveeybody,

Need some help with selecting a good Amp and speakers. Details below. Really appreciate your time.

Space: I live in an apartment with a huge hall which can be dividend into 4 squares. I am going to be using one corner (square) of it as my home theatre space. Each square is a 10ftx10ft.

Tv: Planning to buy the 65 inch Mi tv 4k. It has an HDMI Arc, placed 10 -12 feet from the couch.

Multimedia: I have a airtel dth internet tv, which helps me stream on Netflix, Amazon music on YouTube. (OK to change the way of using this device).

Usage: Watching movies, streaming content on Netflix prime. Lots of music either through aux, YouTube streaming, cast.Very unlikely to use dvds.

Query:
1.what is the best system for home treatre and stereo experience within the budget of 60k. ?
2.Because the room is so huge, is there a way to improve the overall experience ?
3. Is the airtel DTH good enough? Should I change the input? What is the best way to connect the system ?
Considering your budget and floor space, a very straightforward approach is to start with a good stereo system and then start building a HT upon that.
Try the Wharfedale 225 or similar speakers (stand mounted) paired with a Denon x1400 or similarly priced/specd ones. Then add a subwoofer, later followed by other channels for HT usage.
If you have plans for a big upgrade with separates, you might have to go for a receiver with preouts.
The above combo should give you an immediate improvement over stock TV speakers.

Good luck.
-ktks1

Hi currently considering buying the Denon x1500 with q acoustic 3050i towers. Increasing my budget slightly so the above is available at ~ 1 lakh. Or can I consider the Denon X550 with which I am getting the above at about 85k.

At a later point in time planning to upgrade with maybe a jbl 12 channel 300 W subs. And slowly buy a good bookshelf for surround.

Any thoughts on this.?

Since you are planning to listen to lots of music, I recommend Marantz 1509 or 1609. They are considered to be better for Music.
You can stream the most popular music services — like Spotify, Amazon Music, TuneIn, Deezer and many others — via Bluetooth, AirPlay 2 or the HEOS app. Support Amazon Alexa as well.

If you want to stick to Denon, you can consider 1500H for these capabilities

It is better to audition speakers before you finalize on them.
You can visit The Home Cinema E-city (8296500666) for Sonodyne, SVS, Taga Harmony, Polk, KEF etc.
You can visit Profx (08041122539) MG Road for Polk, KEF

For sub, I recommend sealed sub which will be good for music, you can add sub later. Ideally SVS SB2000 will be a good one, but it is costly.

Your step by step approach is correct. Start with AVR + Fronts, add surrounds, sub, center etc. later.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back