Honda City 2011 S-MT - Using a flash pendrive MP3 music.

Essarr

Can anyone tell me if a USB pen-drive (like Sandisk Cruzer Switch) can be used directly plugged into a 2011 Honda City USB input to play mp3/320b music files (as opposed to a dedicated mp3 player). At present, I am using a FiiO X3 to play FLAC and MP3 files plugged into the AUX port, but that is a rather expensive option to leave it in the car.

If a flash memory drive (or pen-drive) can be used, what are the rules of the game? Eg.:
- are there any limits to the capacity size of the flash drive (like 8GB, 16GB, etc.) that can be used?
- any preferred formatting procedure (like FAT32, exFAT or NTFS) that works consistently well?
- with formatting (and mp3 in mind), what should be the ideal cluster (or Allocation unit) size I should follow?

If a flash drive can be used, what about the option of using a external USB SSD (Solid State Drive) of higher capacity?

Thanks for any help here, and please relate your answers to the OEM Head Unit of a Honda City 2011. Other car OEM HUs (or even after-market ICE) vastly differ in their capabilities to handle digital audio. Thanks.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back