• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

For Sale Horn system with vintage AlNiCo magnet drivers (Altec/RCA)

Easy EMI Options at HiFiMART.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

analogadikt

As I have more or less finalized the components that I want in my system I am putting up some of the spares for sale. The set I am offering here is suitable for building a speaker system based on vintage AlNiCo magnet drivers.

1)
One pair of RCA Theatre Sound 15 woofers, model # IMI9449. These are good condition and have been reconed by an experienced technician. I have tested them and they sound great with no issues.

2)
One pair of ALTEC 808-8A small format compression drivers. These are without diaphragms; I have tested them with borrowed diaphragms. I can deliver them fitted with brand new aftermarket diaphragms if the buyer wishes that and is willing to bear the cost.

3)
One pair of Peavey (USA) fiberglass horns. These are in very good condition and have dispersal pattern suitable for typical residential listening spaces. (Many vintage horns made for commercial applications shall exhibit beaming and lobbing issues if used in small spaces). These are compact in size, dimensions without driver mounted are W=19 H=11 D=11

4)
One pair of x-overs. Cross over frequency 1000Hz, first order slope.

I am asking Rs.30000/- for complete set as above excluding diaphragms for the HF drivers and packing/shipping expenses. As said, if the buyer wants I can fit brand new aftermarket diaphragms at the additional cost of Rs.2300/-.

Thanks and Regards,

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
  5. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  6. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  7. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  8. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  9. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  10. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
  6. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.

Attachments

• DSC00068.jpg
    DSC00068.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 233
  • DSC00069.jpg
    DSC00069.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 227
  • DSC00070.jpg
    DSC00070.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 228
  • DSC00071.jpg
    DSC00071.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 228

analogadikt

The whole set was sold to an experienced audio passionate from outside the forum who was at my place yesterday. I shall be also involved in his cab building project for this.

Hence this thread is closed.

Thanks and Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.