• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

For Sale Hornshoppe "The Truth" active buffer preamp

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers

Dr.Bass

I am selling my "The Truth" preamp. It has gained some venerable reputation in the last couple of years. It is a zero gain but active preamp. It is compared to the Pass B1 many a times but it surpasses the B1 in many interesting ways too. To start with the volume control doesnt use any resistors/attenuators, it is controlled by photo cell so the signal maintains extreme purity and channel seperation at all volume levels. Secondly it has no capacitors in the signal path which again leads to a very pristine quality to the sound. There are many reviews of this preamp (especially user reviews) on Audiogon, Audiokarma and Audioasylum. Here are some details:

The Truth Pre Amp
AudiogoN Forums: All I want is The Truth, just gimme some truth...
REVIEW: Horn Shoppe The Truth Preamplifier (SS) - Capt. Z - Amp/Preamp Asylum
Hornshoppe The Truth preamp. [Archive] - AudioKarma.org Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums
REVIEW: Horn Shoppe The Truth Preamplifier (SS) - carlsor - Amp/Preamp Asylum

My preamp is about 5 months old. Since I had requested for 4 line level inputs my landed cost was $1275. I am asking $975.

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

Dr.Bass

I will be traveling to India in the month of May. I can carry it in my luggage. That should at least save on the shipping cost and some custom duties.

SPONSORED ADS