Hot PINs on XLR of Amp and source

rav_mk1

Hi there folks,
Hope Life's treating you well..
Well today I reach out to you experts out there to pull me out of this one. I have a Krell S 300i Stereo integrated and in the manual I found it said XLR pin 3 Hot and after some research I got to know that its the pin where the original audio
signal gets carried on.. quiet simple you'd say but here comes the dilemma now, what if I have CD player with XLR out and it says PIN 2 HOT which is the case with most of the equipment today with balanced outputs out there.. (Only Americans would like to do it differently) and theres is no way (as of now or one that I haven't been able to locate in the menu of CA 851C) to switch it to PIN 3 Hot.. so my question here is "does it really make a difference" " can it harm my equipment if I'm not connecting it with matching hot PINs (Won't the CD player and the amp get hot for each other anyways :p;):confused:).

Please help me guys as this is driving the nuts out of me.

Your absolute phase will be reversed if you use an Euro standard balanced cable to connect to the American standard device.

I don't think you'll hear anything wrong in the sound since both negative and positive leads are swapped (FYI: There are those who claim they hear difference when phase is reversed).

Further reading :XLR Cable Question | Steve Hoffman Music Forums

Your absolute phase will be reversed if you use an Euro standard balanced cable to connect to the American standard device.

I don't think you'll hear anything wrong in the sound since both negative and positive leads are swapped (FYI: There are those who claim they hear difference when phase is reversed).

Further reading :XLR Cable Question | Steve Hoffman Music Forums
if i am using same manufacturer CDP and Amp then i do not need to worry about it right? i mean reversing of absolute phase?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back