Hot Scoop ! Norge Pre-Power Exclusive 1st Look & Review

denom

Banned
Banned
Hi all,

Having recently heard of the Norge Pre & Power Separate Amps to be released in the market, I quickly called Mr. Shyam Bajaj (Owner & Driving Force of Norge Audio/Eastern Electronics) to confirm whether the same is true. He did so & asked me to come over & have a look & listen to his new creations which were in prototype mode (he says the final design of the pre & power amps will be released within the next 2 months)

Before I start off with the reviews & my demo experience let me get the pics out of the way :D for all you pics saliva-tors! :eek:hyeah:

Most of Norge Products Set-Up on Demo & Display
vr7q52.jpg

Norge Towers TWR125 MK3 & Millennium Bookshelves
346up3t.jpg

Norge Tower TWR123 MK3 In Black Ash
28vzs3n.jpg

Top to bottom - Pre followed by Power followed by 1000/2000/4545
312vl3d.jpg

Pre Power Close-Up
1zps0vp.jpg

Pre-Power Zoom
e0tue.jpg

Back End Zoom
1086z9i.jpg

Speakers Terminals
k999ao.jpg

IC's from Pre
t640e9.jpg

Aluminium Heat Sinks (Same as 1000/2000 Amps)
1z5i13c.jpg

IC's connected to Pre
bex6c3.jpg

245imjd.jpg

23vbb87.jpg

Norge Remote ;)
293genq.jpg

Norge Tuner
2cy32nn.jpg

last 2 pics are for FM 'Morten' ;) Hope you don't mind them friend :)

20585fs.jpg

wwbvbt.jpg

Last edited:
Why cannot be both be of same color and width. And gosh that power button is disgusting.
Waiting for the review

"last 2 pics are for FM 'Morten' Hope you don't mind them friend"

I don't mind at all. Mr. Bajaj actually called to tell me that my goods was sent with courier today and that I can expect them Monday :yahoo:

It was just a treat to get a preview of my parcel here today :eek:hyeah:

Even though my primary setup is in a different league I'm developing a soft spot for Mr. Bajaj and his enterprise. Great to see that he is getting into separate pre and power amps!

Thanks for the pictures

The Pre does not seem to have a CD Input. I find that strange.

Cheers

Yes, probably Mr. Bajaj thinks CD is obsolete:p

The thing is he has used the case of the 1515 amp to house the pre components on a temporary basis, this is just a proto & he said that pre power case dimensions will be similar when they go on sale.

Why cannot be both be of same color and width. And gosh that power button is disgusting.
Waiting for the review

Santy, these are proto's, lets wait for final designs which will be on sale in 2 months from now as confirmed by Mr. Bajaj.

"last 2 pics are for FM 'Morten' Hope you don't mind them friend"

I don't mind at all. Mr. Bajaj actually called to tell me that my goods was sent with courier today and that I can expect them Monday :yahoo:

It was just a treat to get a preview of my parcel here today :eek:hyeah:

Even though my primary setup is in a different league I'm developing a soft spot for Mr. Bajaj and his enterprise. Great to see that he is getting into separate pre and power amps!

Thanks for the pictures

:D He did so in front of me.

When I saw the carton ready for dispatch, I had a smile on my face to which Mr. Bajaj asked the reason. I told him that the gentleman to whom this case is being prepared for & sent to is also a member of our forum. He was surprised to learn of this & also smiled :)

I think Mr. Bajaj has definitely got a very strong connection/affinity towards Norway, his association with the country in this life time not-withstanding - but like he was a Norwegian in one of his past life's :lol:
I get this feeling after having interacted with him quite a bit:)

Waiting for the review

I dont know about the power button but I agree with you about color and width.
I do remember Norge used to make very good Amps right from the late 80s.

Nice to know that Norge still have good quality Amps made in INDIA and not China. I was very keen on Pre-Power Amp combination & was WOW Norge. But after seeing the pic of two diff colour & size. Maybe no :indifferent14:

Do we think this will be better than the Norge 1000 ?

Sachin, this beats the pants of the 1000. Call it co-incidence or luck or both, after I finished listening to the pre-power combo, 2 gentlemen came for a demo of the 1000. I was initially not paying attention to the demo going on since I was interacting with Mr. Bajaj in his adjoining partitioned cabin/workbench but after a while started listening to the tracks these gentlemen were listening to attentively. They played a lot of Dire straits tracks, some eagles, an AR Rehman Track (dunno the name but it has lots of intricate musical arrangements + effects & is quite popular in the demo cycle at most places)

To be honest after listening to the pre-power combo, the music being played with the 1000 was sounding quite lifeless & dull. The same conclusion was being arrived at by 1 of the gentlemen having the demo & he asked me for my views. I told him to listen to the pre-power combo. He played Dire Straits - money for nothing track first on the 1000 & then immediately on the pre-power combo & after doing so was smiling a lot. I instantly felt happy that I was not the only one having similar views on the 1000 & started interacting more with this gentleman. After a couple of exchanges of views & our names, was pleasantly surprised to learn that this person was also a fellow member of HFV & his name is cfrancis who had come from delhi to have a demo & meet Mr. Bajaj :)

Forgot to add that the 1000 being demo'ed was already purchased by another gentleman who had just come over to pick it up & the poor chap had to wait till the other 2 had their fill of the demo so that it could be packed & he could take it away :lol:

Last edited:
I dont know about the power button but I agree with you about color and width.
I do remember Norge used to make very good Amps right from the late 80s.

Nice to know that Norge still have good quality Amps made in INDIA and not China. I was very keen on Pre-Power Amp combination & was WOW Norge. But after seeing the pic of two diff colour & size. Maybe no :indifferent14:

Hi Mayhem,

Don't worry, the cases of the pre-power I demo'ed were just prototypes & the ones on sale will not be of diff colour & size as confirmed by Mr. Bajaj.
Suggest you go over to have a listen to the combo :)

Ok that's nice to know. I hope Mr. Bajaj incorporates a Phono input also. What you say ? :)

:D like CD, TT for him is very much dead! Just kidding :eek:hyeah:

Yes, we need to give him lots of suggestions on stuff we want him to add to his amps & features we want or existing ones that we don't want.

So write to him/call him with the feedback. He has asked me to convey this message.

Whats price of the unit?

He has not revealed the exact price but hinted that it will be not cost a lot more than his existing top end amp (read 2000) hope its true during launch.

He is toying with the idea of selling the pre-power with his Towers as a package deal at a very reasonable price. But he will also sell the amps separately - though he said they will be priced higher than the package rate.

:D like CD, TT for him is very much dead! Just kidding :eek:hyeah:

Yes, we need to give him lots of suggestions on stuff we want him to add to his amps & features we want or existing ones that we don't want.

So write to him/call him with the feedback. He has asked me to convey this message.

Yes will definitely like to check it out and meet Mr. Bajaj.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back