Hotstar via chrome cast vs fire tv stick 4k

gbkrao

Hello friends,
Recently I bought Lg OLED c8 65 inch tv,which does not have inbuilt Hotstar app.I am a fan of Game of throwns.
Please suggest a better way to watch Hotstar.Google chromecast 3 or amazon fire tv stick 4k.

I think fire stick is a device with apps loaded on it; it also has a remote.
Chromecast is different; it is only a casting device; no remote.

To make it future proof, get the 4K version of either devices.
Though it will not help for HotStar/SonyLiv.
These streaming services do not have 4K content as of now.

Cheers,
Raghu

Fire Stick: Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hotstar
Chromecast: Netflix, Hotstar, Youtube.

For streaming services, it comes down to whether you want Prime or youtube. As a media player, Fire Stick wins hands down as you can connect your HDD and run apps like Kodi which plays almost any format.

For streaming services, it comes down to whether you want Prime or youtube. As a media player, Fire Stick wins hands down as you can connect your HDD and run apps like Kodi which plays almost any format.
I use youtube on my firrestick. Though the app is not available but it is easily accessible thru firefox browser.

Firestick anyday for its inbuilt apps and downloadable apps. Chromecast is good for streaming from mobile.

MaSh

May I know how do you connect your external HDD to Firestick ?

Edit: Nevermind.. Figured it out.

From my knowledge it's already been blocked a couple of times and may happen again in the future.
The app has been blocked and it still is not available. How can u block a website specifically. I have the firestick from the past one year. Never faced any issue with YouTube

The app has been blocked and it still is not available. How can u block a website specifically. I have the firestick from the past one year. Never faced any issue with YouTube
Amazon - Google lovers quarrel!! Interesting that Fire OS is android based :)
Cheers,
Raghu

Fire stick is better. I had bought Chromecast first but it doesn't have Amazon prime, though u can mirror cast it but the quality is not good also I faced many connectivity issues with Chromecast and i feel it is tedious to cast videos. Got fire stick a couple of weeks ago and it runs smoothly and you can also download YouTube app through apk. So IMO fire stick is better than Chromecast

I already have chromecast 2 ( capable of streaming in full HD),
Will it make any difference in viewing Hotstar on my LG C8 if I buy fire tv stick 4k.

I already have chromecast 2 ( capable of streaming in full HD),
Will it make any difference in viewing Hotstar on my LG C8 if I buy fire tv stick 4k.

I dont think you will face any issues as Hotstar does not have any 4k content. It will work fine for casting videos to your TV

Does hotstar give out multichannel audio on firestick? Mind seems to be doing stereo only. Any settings?

MaSh

Does hotstar give out multichannel audio on firestick? Mind seems to be doing stereo only. Any settings?

MaSh
Hotstar doesn't provide 5.1 streaming service as of now in any device, its stereo only. I had confirmed from their authentic Twitter handle a couple of weeks ago.

Hotstar doesn't provide 5.1 streaming service as of now in any device, its stereo only. I had confirmed from their authentic Twitter handle a couple of weeks ago.

Ahh Okay, Thanks. The sound is quite good even in Stereo mode.

MaSh

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back