How about Framed Movie Posters for your HT room?

Santy

Hi Guys

Take a look at this, if its worth it.
I ordered for a poster from bluegape
Not a big collection there, but I got just what I wanted.
Its a 2 ft x 3 ft poster; got it shipped and gave it locally for framing (about 2" thick)

It has really added to the aesthetics of my HT room.:cool: It is something you too can try (if you never thought about it) without spending too much.

Sorry for the poor quality mobile cam pics.

s2012-09-25213630.jpg

s2012-09-30215027.jpg

frame-1.jpg

s2012-09-30215046.jpg

Nice Santy,

I thought the same and got one poster. I have dark room and the reflection off the poster bothered me quite a bit. So removed it. I see the same in your picture.

Although, it does add a nice decor to otherwise empty room. There are some people who made acoustic treatments with clothes printed with posters. That's the best of all. does the job acoustically, adds a decor and no reflections.

@Manoj
I purposefully captured the reflections. :)While sitting straight and watching movies attentively, it does not really distract me unless I focus on it.

So far it did not bother me but if it does, I will move it out of the room. After all, that's how cinema halls place them! Near the entrance...

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

I have seen on one of the AV Sites about these AV Company and Other Certification logos.. Like DolbyDIgital, BluRay, DTS etc carved on metal.. Eg. This theatre features the following Wharfadale, Denon, DD etc... Looks Great
.. I am not sure where to source them from.. I guess some ebay.com link was posted.. Any idea these can be made or sourced in India

I have seen on one of the AV Sites about these AV Company and Other Certification logos.. Like DolbyDIgital, BluRay, DTS etc carved on metal.. Eg. This theatre features the following Wharfadale, Denon, DD etc... Looks Great
.. I am not sure where to source them from.. I guess some ebay.com link was posted.. Any idea these can be made or sourced in India

Go to indiamart.com or tradeindia.com
You will find several signboard makers.
Many of them offer metal engraving as an option.
But of course, they do it on a large scale usually, so if you ask for one or two such pieces, they could be very expensive.

Looks good, especially in the first pic with some light falling on the poster from above it looks like the ones at movie theatres.

Really nice. I would like to find the original poster for Reservoir Dogs ! and Psycho !

You should be able to find them on Flipkart.

You can also get the framing done in a matte finish if reflection is a problem. Another thing - instead of getting the framing done from a shop, it is worthwhile going to a "galli". At least in Pune, I discovered a narrow lane off MG Road where all the shops only do framing.

I got several posters and art prints framed from the galli, and they did a perfect job each time, and it also cost a fraction of what a fancy store charges.

Edit: One website that has a ton of posters and art prints is smartart.in

Last edited:
I have to say, I am very disappointed with the framing I got done in Bangalore. I used a fancy shop on 100 ft rd in Indiranagar and was charged almost Rs 5,000 to frame a painting on paper. When it came back it had crease marks and the proprietor could not understand that this impacted the value of the painting !! And she sounded very well educated and traveled as well :))
I like the idea of finding a galli framer to do some of the work...it looks like they may care more.

Back