How are the PolkAudio TSi300 and TSi200 compared to AE A5

Nanu

HI,
I would like to know which ones I should pick up.
For now I am satisfied with 2-ch Stero setup.
Though I like watching movies and gaming, I hate having wires running thru my room.

So out of these 3 which ones should I pick and why?
I like the Polkaudios and they look way better than the A5's. Next to the TV.
I have aduitioned the A5's but haven't auditioned the Polkaudios.
I will be connecting the Polks to a Harman/Kardon AVR 15 Its their old AV receiver. I still quite like it and believe its enough to drive these PolkAudios,
Experts please comment. I would like one of them by the weekend so please reply soon. Thanks a lot.

So which one is better:
1. Polks TSi200 for 15K a pair [Running with HK AVR15]
2. Polks TSi300 for 21K a pair [Running with HK AVR15]
3. AudioEngine A5 for 19K a pair

Both the HK and A5 will be connected to a PC.

The added benifit of using the HK would be, of connectind multiple AudioSources to it, ie PS3, Xbox, DTHBox, PC and iPod.

Anything else I am forgetting....?

Audioengine AE5 is definitely better than TSI200. Compared to TSI300, it may be better in some ways and worse in some. Many people would perhaps prefer AE5 for their musical nature and neutrality while some others may prefer Polk TSI300 for their bass and HT application.

I would suggest neither of these.

Get a Wharf 10.2 for 17-18k. It will beat all the above speakers and at least compare/beat AE5.

If you can get Monitor Audio BX2 or Usher S520, then all the above speakers will be left crying.

I have not heard the AE A5 but I heard the Polk Tsi 300 and the Polk RTi A1.

Polk RTi A1 is a BS and at a higher level than the TSi 300 which are FS.
However I found the TSi 300 very good for music. It pumps out enough
bass so might be good for movies as well. Between the Tsi 300 and Tsi 200
that you have mentioned, I would opt the TSi 300.

...this is getting even more confusing...
How about the TSi 400? So now since the bass of the TSi 200 can't keep up its between the TSi300 and TSI400.
I prefer the TSi400 but for nearly 8-9K more it works out...
Please help me out...
another reason I prefer the polks is because I can upgrade and add on later a better amp and more speakers whereas for tyhe A% I am stuck with my upgrade path...

Why dont you take the AVR to audition pair it with 300 n 400 see which you like the most ? Also which is driven well with your AVR ...:)

You can get a better receiver/amp and sub even with AE5.

Honestly, I would rather go with Wharf 9.4/9.5 or above if you have a budget of 20-30k just on your speakers.

An AE5 will overall lose out to them.

If you can get a Monitor Audio BX1 for 20k or so, then that will really be one of the best out there.

I found TSi300 quite bright. Bass is no great shakes. TSi400, I am told is much better in lows.
Many forumers have spoken very good things about Usher S520. For about 20K, it may be worth giving it a serious check out.
Joshua

Hi Nanu,
I assume that you haven't frozen your preferences regarding forward /laid-back /neutral sounding speakers. In case I am correct, I suggest you take some time out to audition following pair of bookshelf speakers with your HK AVR:
1. Polk RTI A1 @ 20k approx
2. Wharfedale 9.2 or 10.1 @ 15k approx
3. Monitor Audio BR2 @ 25k approx
4. Usher S-520 @ 24k approx
5. Norge Millenium @ 13k approx
6. Cambrige Audio S30 @ 9k approx
Among the above. you will notice a wide range of tonality available, and where your preference lies. This way you will make a better choice based on personal preference. Finding all the above in a single city may be a problem though. Where are you located in India? Forum members can suggest the best collection of speakers available, based on your city.

Regds,
Sonosphere

You can skip these I guess:
5. Norge Millenium @ 13k approx
6. Cambrige Audio S30 @ 9k approx

AE5 should be clearly better or at least very comparable to these. So no point audiotioning these.

^^ Its actually 'infected' from TE :)
No I haven't my dealer is not going below 21000 for now,
but I can press him for it. You are in delhi if I am not mistaken do you know any other dealersd here in Pune for them...I am more interested in the older Monitor 60's if you know anyone who is stocking them still please let me know..
and what about this query A5 or Tsi 300??

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back