How can a healthy guy become a cripple in a moment

captrajesh

Staff member
Hi everyone,

That's me. Boss was away yesterday so I packed up early at about 4.45 P.M. yesterday to catchup with a friend over a game of golf.

After 4 holes, I mucked up my second shot on the fairway. Usually I use the club to place the ball but thought I'll give it a better lay (placement) to give it the requisite wack to reach the green.

I bent to place the ball and oucch, hurt my back real bad.

Somehow reached the locker to lock up my gear, went to the watering hole for a couple of shots and reached home. Even attended to a visitor somehow.

Today morning onwards, I've become crippled. Can't even stand straight.:sad:

Was browsing to HFV through my mobile lying on the bed.

Lying on the bed for 24 hours was getting on to my nerves so just got up and came to the drawing room on all four limbs.:eek:

It is so painful to become crippled. Thought I'll share with you guys.

Rgds

Rajesh

cap'n,do get it checked ASAP.looks like u need some tender,loving,medical care.still cant bring urself to not log in/browse the forum eh?

this IS our addiction,LOL.cheers

Last edited:
Captain,

I hope you have paid a visit to your doctor and checked the problem. And I sincerely wish you a fast recovery.

-thekinge

Get well soon Captain :) I used to get back cramps too and was not able to move any direction for hours then it used to ease off. Get it checked it you can.

regards

Hi guys,

thank you very much for the concern. :signthankspin:

A physictherapist paid a home visit. Disc prolapse it is. So I'm probably offroad for about a fortnight. :sad: I'll be visitinga doc today.

I can see my golfing days go up in smoke.:mad::mad::mad:

Rgds

Rajesh

Get well fast and be back on your feet.

Got back on my feet albeit shaky ones.:thumbsup:

@Rallynut, VenkatCR, Thekinge, Stevieboy, Squarewave, Mnhegde: I owe this to your support.:cheers:

Getting admitted in a Hospital for a couple of days for continuous traction to get back into shape.

Rgds

Rajesh

Thanks Bala. Actually, it is not serious. The traction is required to loosen up the back muscles which have contracted tightly holding the spine in its place to avoid further damage to the spine.

So I should be back to normal within a fortnight.

Got back on my feet albeit shaky ones.:thumbsup:

@Rallynut, VenkatCR, Thekinge, Stevieboy, Squarewave, Mnhegde: I owe this to your support.:cheers:

Getting admitted in a Hospital for a couple of days for continuous traction to get back into shape.

Rgds

Rajesh

Glad to know that you are back on your feet captain! Once you are back from the hospital, it's possibly time to shelve your golf bag and spend more time with your hi-fi system:)

I just have a morbid aversion to the word 'traction' as I have seen my grandparents undergo the pain involved. Wish you well. And I agree with thekinge! More time recuperating with music maybe...

On another note, I never thought Golf could be so physically taxing. Perhaps it is my ignorance...

So how are you spending your time in the hospital?

Is there a television in the room? It seems you are having a lap top around.

If you are into reading, that will also help you while i am sure you would be listening to music.

So what are the doctors now saying?

Wish you a speedy recovery.

V.

@santosh thanks buddy.
@bala no more traction painful it is. Contrary to popular belief, Golf gives a thorough workout & really taxes the spine.
@vinay yes I have an idiot box but no PC. Im accessing HFV through my mob.

Hi all

Back on firm feet. :yahoo:

Just switched on the Amp and for a change, connected the Ipod to the Amp through RCA.

SQ is pretty good.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back