How does audio research pair with harbeths?

humblebee

Im thinking of matching harbeth 30.2 with audio research vsi75...
Also...is 75 watts going to be enough?
30.2 have...
85db sensitivity
6 ohm impedance

Alternately is audio note available in India?

Last edited:
Harbeth 30.2 is one awesome speaker I auditioned. It paired extremely well with the Accuphase E650.
I have paired the Harbeth Super HL5+ 40th anniversary with Line Magnetic 508ia and find the tube amp is able to effortlessly drive the Harbeths.
The 508 is 48W per channel (class A).

I know someone who has paired the 30.1s with a croft amp which is 50 watts thereabouts. Works wonderfully. Focus on the quality of watts with the monitor series from harbeth. Not on watts.

AR products are generally well built and you shouldn't have any issue. However it all depends on the size of the room and your preferred volume level. Since the speaker (85 db) is relatively less efficient it might be a better idea to use a high power/watt solid-state amplifier to power these speakers. I would try both tube and a high power solid state amp to see which one performs better in your room. Hope this helps.
Thanks.

Typical pairings for Harbeth that I have seen in USA showrooms is Luxman.

I would go SS, Luxman or Accuphase.

My guess is it will pair very well and 75W is more than enough.
This has been well reviewed by Stereophile And as per this run with 22 and 35 watters with very little issues

If you see the impedance curves hit 6Ohms only in a 150-250 range and else it is all easy to drive.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back