How is Asus RT N13U router?

goyal.sanchit

Hi everyone

I have got a reliance broadband connection and now have to buy a wireless router for it. Since it is a fup free connection and I already have a bsnl connection it would be used mostly for downloading.

So I was planning to buy Asus RT N13U router and connect a pen drive for downloading to the router.

Read some reviews on flipkart and it seems the router goes faulty after 1-2 months. Many cases related to it. Also the download utility seems to be not good and doesnt support resume feature.

I could always install dd wrt but I havent done it ever so I dont want to take the hassle.

Thus I would like to know what are your views about this router and if someone is using it I would be glad to know hows its performance. I am planning to buy a router today or tomorrow.

Regards

It is pretty good router in terms of hardware...but i think you must update the firmware with the most recent one.... I have been using this for more than a year and after firmware upgrade, there is no problem at all....

im using it for really long time :)
experimented many times but just to confirm don't flash it with ddwrt.
Even they say it compatible, few of the led wil stop working.
stay with original firmware. upgrade to latest.

While I am happy with the range and stability of the router the software that comes with it for downloading torrents (download master) is complete junk. It doesnt recognise magnet links, download only some of torrent files and that too not properly.

I thought of installing dd-wrt and transmission on it but the process seemed too complicated to me. So the basic reason for which I bought the router is not fulfilled. Maybe sometime in future.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back