• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

For Sale How much should I expect for CXN?

Wharfedale Evo 4.2

prateekatasniya

I wish to sell my Cambridge audio CXN which is around 2 years old.
Bought it from audiophile India with Bill.
Condition is immaculate.
Having Cambridge audio bt100 Bluetooth receiver along with it.
For how much can I sell it?
I don't want to price it too high or too low.

Thanks.

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
  5. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  6. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  7. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  8. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  9. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  10. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
  6. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.

newlash09

You could be a good Samaritan and give it for free :)

But jokes apart, what was your actual purchase price . You can price it according to the price bracket it falls in. Higher priced gear depretiates more, as there are lesser buyers willing to spend so much.

efernand1

I wish to sell my Cambridge audio CXN which is around 2 years old.
Bought it from audiophile India with Bill.
Condition is immaculate.
Having Cambridge audio bt100 Bluetooth receiver along with it.
For how much can I sell it?
I don't want to price it too high or too low.

Thanks.

First you could start by posting the pics..........post pics of the front / back / box / accessories / remote etc.

prateekatasniya

You could be a good Samaritan and give it for free :)

But jokes apart, what was your actual purchase price . You can price it according to the price bracket it falls in. Higher priced gear depretiates more, as there are lesser buyers willing to spend so much.
I can be a good Samaritan if a good Samaritan can give me a oppo Blu-ray player

prateekatasniya

These photos were taken in September. But had exams later so couldn't post the ad on the forum.

Attachments

• IMG-20180119-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20180119-WA0008.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG-20180119-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20180119-WA0007.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG-20180119-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20180119-WA0006.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG-20180119-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20180119-WA0005.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG-20180119-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20180119-WA0004.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG-20180119-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20180119-WA0003.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG-20180119-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20180119-WA0002.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG-20180119-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20180119-WA0000.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 122

SatMumbai

This is my thumb rule and need to tweak based on the kind of hifi item,

for a brand new purchase
less than 6 months + valid transferable warranty - Expected sale price is around 80% of original purchase price
Between 2 years to an year + valid transferable warranty - Expected sale price is around 60 - 70% of original purchase price
More than 2 years and under 4 years (warranty is gone by now) - Around 40-60% of original purchase price

If there is a newer and much better model available expect for a bigger hit on the price, even more so computer associated equipment like streamers, DACs etc and not so much for speakers, power amps etc. There are other factors like popularity of the product and the market in which you are selling.

Dr.Lakshay

for a brand new purchase
less than 6 months + valid transferable warranty - Expected sale price is around 80% of original purchase price
Between 2 years to an year + valid transferable warranty - Expected sale price is around 60 - 70% of original purchase price
More than 2 years and under 4 years (warranty is gone by now) - Around 40-60% of original purchase price

If there is a newer and much better model available expect for a bigger hit on the price, even more so computer associated equipment like streamers, DACs etc and not so much for speakers, power amps etc. There are other factors like popularity of the product and the market in which you are selling.
+1 to that. But many people have unrealistic expectations.

prateekatasniya

for a brand new purchase

But the original purchase price might vary from buyer to buyer. And what if the price of the product increases in those years?
And with age you didn't mention the condition of the product.

efernand1

Sale of preowned products vary from model to model and brand to brand and most importantly the running condition including physical appearances.....warranty places an important role....for most buyers...some may skip it to own the product at a reasonable rate and use the same...

one cannot expect to recover maximum costing for the investment made in a system at a point in time as electronics depreciate with time....for example due to gst etc. the rates for most HT products have gone up...someone selling something used ..brought at a certain rate back then cannot expect to make maximum recovery.....don't forget the internet stores pages of prices at a point in time which can be obtained by patience and persistent searching...

popularity and demand for the product can determine the selling price...if you visit OLX or Quikr or Hifi Ads and see similar ads with the same or similar product..you will be able to obtain some reference rate...other foreign sites are ebay etc....

dinesh1201

Sale of preowned products vary from model to model and brand to brand and most importantly the running condition including physical appearances.....warranty places an important role....for most buyers...some may skip it to own the product at a reasonable rate and use the same...

one cannot expect to recover maximum costing for the investment made in a system at a point in time as electronics depreciate with time....for example due to gst etc. the rates for most HT products have gone up...someone selling something used ..brought at a certain rate back then cannot expect to make maximum recovery.....don't forget the internet stores pages of prices at a point in time which can be obtained by patience and persistent searching...

popularity and demand for the product can determine the selling price...if you visit OLX or Quikr or Hifi Ads and see similar ads with the same or similar product..you will be able to obtain some reference rate...other foreign sites are ebay etc....

Right, near about 80-85k :oops:

SatMumbai

What I mentioned is kind of my Thumb Rule but now you have the price go ahead and post it. You will know if you priced it right or not with the amount of PMs you receive. You need only one buyer so if you have more patience wait longer and not so much (like me) go for a quick sale based on PMs received. It is also your time in the process and do not under estimate that part. All the Best for your sale!

efernand1

This is the current rate for a new one

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...=nc&LH_ItemCondition=3&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Average price for a new one.....INR 48k to 65k.....

Given its 2 years vintage etc....and the freebie you are adding (BT100).....you need to decide on an attractive reference price which will appeal to potential buyers on this forum....also you can put your ad on hifiads.com

All the best