How to calculate resale value?

confused

I am planning to sale my 3 yr old samsung 32inch LCD TV. I am still using it with no distortion in audio or video quality and do not have any scratches or dents on body.
It's series 4 model HD ready bought in Feb 2010 ( still 4 months to complete 3 yrs) at price of 32600.
I am planning to buy 46 inch tv so I want to sale it off.
Thanks in advance.

33% depreciation is what Samsung gives if the tv is less than 3 years old when they buy back as they can't service the same when in OOW. If you are able to sell at that price should be a good deal. Anywhere around 20k. But another factor is the current market price for 32" models. Keep that in consideration and sell it off.

Any idea how much could I get for Sony 26" Bravia (KLV 26S200A)? It's six years old. It's meaningless to mention still I purchased it for 52.5K :O

This is really an interesting post. Tvs according to me lose value in much the same ways as cara. My take is that they should lose about 20 per cent every year for the first 3 years and 10 per cent after that every year!

Any idea how much could I get for Sony 26" Bravia (KLV 26S200A)? It's six years old. It's meaningless to mention still I purchased it for 52.5K :O

Well what you paid and the current market price for 26" models is a huge difference now. A new 26" would cost around 20k or less. Considering its 6 years old, better to use it somewhere else in the house if its running well. Resale would hardly fetch 10 - 15% of your purchase price.

If its working well find some good use for it as a secondary tv.

I am planning to sale my 3 yr old samsung 32inch LCD TV. I am still using it with no distortion in audio or video quality and do not have any scratches or dents on body.
It's series 4 model HD ready bought in Feb 2010 ( still 4 months to complete 3 yrs) at price of 32600.
Thanks in advance.

I bought a brand new 32" Sony LED TV for 26K from grey market, I was not having any purpose for it so sold it in 3 months for 21K with great difficulty. Where is the equation. So don't bother too much just sell it at the first available opportunity otherwise you will be stuck with it.

Thanks in advance.

considering it is HD Ready and 3 year old you may get between 13 to 17K.

Well what you paid and the current market price for 26" models is a huge difference now. A new 26" would cost around 20k or less. Considering its 6 years old, better to use it somewhere else in the house if its running well. Resale would hardly fetch 10 - 15% of your purchase price.

If its working well find some good use for it as a secondary tv.
Yeah I know. My parents are against selling it, but I don't really know what'll be the use of it, as there's no need for a secondary TV at all! If it were a higher resolution one might use it as my monitor, damn :sad: :confused:

considering it is HD Ready and 3 year old you may get between 13 to 17K.

I thought I should not be breaking his heart / hurting his feelings but when the thread has grown to this level let met tell you the fact I sold my Samsung 32" Bordeaux Art model LCD TV (the highest range just before 4 series, bought for 39K) for RS. 8000/=.

Yeah I know. My parents are against selling it, but I don't really know what'll be the use of it, as there's no need for a secondary TV at all! If it were a higher resolution one might use it as my monitor, damn :sad: :confused:
You can use it as a PC monitor.

On the issue resale price:

As a reseller, you would want the highest possible value. But to the prospective buyer, it must be a good deal, a value for money spent. Put yourself in the buyer's shoes. New 32" HD-Ready (720p) LCD TV is available for 20-25K. What would anyone pay half the amount for a 3 year old used model (in however good condition)? My guess is that best possible price will be 10K. Anyway, my suggestion is put it on OLX with an asking price of 15K. See how it goes.

You can use it as a PC monitor.

On the issue resale price:

As a reseller, you would want the highest possible value. But to the prospective buyer, it must be a good deal, a value for money spent. Put yourself in the buyer's shoes. New 32" HD-Ready (720p) LCD TV is available for 20-25K. What would anyone pay half the amount for a 3 year old used model (in however good condition)? My guess is that best possible price will be 10K. Anyway, my suggestion is put it on OLX with an asking price of 15K. See how it goes.
Yep, true that. And I can use it as my monitor, but it's just a WXGA unit, and my monitor is 1680x1050, so can'y downgrade the res.
Yeah, will put an ad on Quikr, but I am thinking 12.5K should be a good asking price, I am quite sure bargaining will bring it down to 9-10K. Lets see...

First put an advertisement in our forum. There may be FMs who are looking for a primary or secondary TV. Dealing hassles will be less as compared to Quikr.

Vinod

I sold my samsung 32" lcd TV series 4 this week at RS 13000/- its 3 yrs old rather I say 2 yrs and 10 months

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back