How to check usage hours of Sony Bravia LCD

Is this process working on your Sony Bravia?

• Yes

Votes: 24 92.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters

Rupam

How to Check your Sony Bravia Panel Usage Hours

From Remote
Press Display (I+)

Volume -
Power

Gets you into the diagnostics screen which shows the hours.

The bottom left 5 numbers are the hours

Next 5 are boot count

and last 5 are the lcd panel hours.

Hi All,

Yesterday i bought sony bravia KLV-40CX420..i was curious to know the number of hours on which tv panel has run i had followed following steps

With the Tv off, using the Sony remote, press DISPLAY,5 ,VOL DOWN, POWER

Surprise to know that the boot count is 612 and zero hours Panel usage ...and date of manufacuture is April-2011(on box)...is this a normal usage/is this a demo piece which the showroom guy had given?

Appreciate your answer..

Thanks,
Raghu

Hi,

Plz help me on this ASAP...since its just one day old tv in case of replacement i can approach the dealer immediately...

Thanks,
Raghu

Hi Rupam,

I bought this tv from Unilet Showroom Bangalore...Yes it was wrapped cellophane...regarding the demo...i had visited many showrooms in blr nobody has this model as a demo. Even in unilet showroom i could not find this model as a demo piece.

could u plz tell me if the above Boot count is normal

Regards,
Raghu

Regards,
Raghu

Hi,

This issue has been resolved...I am posting this may helpful to others as well..

I had lodged complaint in sony customer care and one of the senior technician confirmed that in sony LCD number of hours will not show properly its problem with the sony LCD tv itself- this i had observed in spite of several hours my tv had ran its still showing 1 hr...and also Boot count 600 is normal usually co., will reset this however this is fine...

We just need to check in the initial whether box seal is open/not and also side panel scratches etc.,

Now i am happy that i got the new tv...

Regards,
Raghu

I received my Sony 46hx850 yesterday at 1230pm. Usage hours should be around 26hrs,yet it shows 00071-00072-00080 on the diagnostic screen,meaning it has been used for 71hrs.
Does it mean i've got a demo piece? Or is it normal? It's manufacturing date is dec2012.

I received my Sony 46hx850 yesterday at 1230pm. Usage hours should be around 26hrs,yet it shows 00071-00072-00080 on the diagnostic screen,meaning it has been used for 71hrs.
Does it mean i've got a demo piece? Or is it normal? It's manufacturing date is dec2012.

IIRC the LCD hours are the last 5 digits which would mean it was used for about 80 hrs.

I couldn't check my HX850 immediately on receipt since I didn't have this thread bookmarked at the time. When I finally found the instructions and checked it, it showed about 64 hours which was about the amount of time I had used it This implies that the counter was zero when I got it or perhaps it was reset to zero prior to delivery (if that is possible).

71 / 80 hours in your case indicates that the TV has been used more than a bit assuming eight hours of usage a day, so I would be inclined to believe you may have a demo piece.

When buying my HX850 I asked for the box to be brought to the Sony Centre checked to ensure the packing tape wasn't opened and re-sealed, then took the warranty card (which had the serial number) with me to ensure I got the same unit I had checked. Did that get me an unused set or one with the counter reset? Don't know for sure. If I had these instructions, perhaps I could have had it plugged in and checked the usage hours.

If your TV is working fine with no visible damages, scratches, worn screw heads, screw threads etc. just enjoy your purchase or if you are uncomfortable about the possibility of it being a demo unit call the dealer and/or Sony and ask for a "brand new" panel to be delivered (i.e.) one that is not refurbished or one that has been used as a demo piece.

I am posting this may helpful to others as well
a18.jpg
k3.jpg

What should i do in case the dealer refuses to accept that it's a used piece?

Contact Sony CC and insist that they instruct the dealer to provide you a "new" TV because that is what you paid for. Be absolutely firm in your interaction and indicate that you consider this a case of cheating if they do not refund or provide a replacement "new" TV. Mention of consumer court, blogs, review sites etc. can also be brought to bear for what it's worth.

I purchased 40EX 430 from Sony World Bangalore, when i received the delivery of the TV i could see the top of the box intact with single celophane tape. When the box was opened i observed the cover on the TV was wrinkled, yellow letter instructions for the stand inserted next to the cover and the thermocol at the center of the TV panel loose without any tape. On the TV i observed that the tape covering the TV at the edges were a bit worn out. When i checked the the LCD usage with the procedure mentioned i got the following number 00381 00192 00381. I informed the delivery guy i cannot accept this TV as it is a display piece and asked them to replace the TV. The store manager immediately accepted and delivered a new piece within 2 hours. My observations with the new piece.
1. I checked the tape at the top and bottom before opening the box and it was celopane with no indications of Tamper.
2. When the box was opened i observed two things different this time. The thermocol at the center was fixed to the box with a transperent celopane and the yellow instruction leaflet was attached to the plastic covering the TV with a celopane tape.
3. The edges of the TV was intact and looked very new.
4. When i checked for the usage i had the following numbers 00000 00010 00000. I have taken the delivery of this TV and hope i have recived a new piece.

If you are fixing this TV on the wall get all the wires connected by the person coming for installation from Sony

I just checked my 6+ months Led and it shows 00771 01267 00771. What a useful thread.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back