How to connect Laptop to Tower speakers

hrman

Dear All,
I am a total noob when it comes to Audio and video related topics. I went through the forum and came across a wealth of info shared by the experienced members.
I had a peculiar issue and could not get a matching answer on this forum, maybe I didnt check well. I wanted to check with the members. My very humble setup is the below:
1. F&D T60X tower speakers (RCA red n white in, Optical in, Bluetooth, NFC)
2. Benq MX525 projector with HDMI in, aux out.
3. HP envy 13 laptop with headphone jack.
4. Toshiba 32 inch HD ready TV(RCA in, RCA out, no Optical out).

The following combinations work to give acceptable quality sound from the tower speakers.
1. TV RCA output (red n wihte) with F&D speakers RCA in
2. Videocon D2H HD set top box RCA out to Speaker's RCA in

The issue faced is as below:
When I use a 3.5mm aux out from the Laptop's headphone jack to RCA in the speakers , I do not get satisfactory quality audio. The dialogues of online movies are muffled and unclear. The speakers have an Optical input.
I bought an HDMI to RCA, Optical out converter from Alixpress. The sound quality is still not satisfactory through Optical in.
Is there any device which can convert 3.5 aux out to Optical without loss which can be used here? Or any other suggestions?

Best regards,
Balaji S.

The above "optical out to F&D" will work if the TV has optical output. That would be best option since the lip sync will be controlled by TV and hence it will work.

If you want direct connection from laptop to the speaker then you can use USB sound card.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back