How to get a Marantz stereo amplifier (used) from Europe (Germany) to Bangalore.

noblejose

Hey all!

I've came across a pre-owned "MARANTZ PM 15 S2 Limited Edition" from Germany. My friend is there in Germany, but he travel to India only after 4-5 months...

The present owner is a German national, who says he can also ship it to Bangalore and it costs approx 85 Euros, including Insurance worth of 1000 euros through DHL.

How safe it is? how about duty/ import/ customs etc.. and somewhere I heard used electronics is not allowed to import?? - will this amp comes under used electronics?

Otherwise, I need to find someone who are travelling back from Germany or somewhere around Europe.. with enough luggage space left in their quota :(
This amp is 18.5KG, and it will come around 20kg with packaging. :(

I believe its a good upgrade over my existing PM7004.

Thanks for your inputs and suggestions!

honestly, if i were going to buy a used amp from abroad, i would look for something vintage. This amp, if something goes kaput, you would be left high and dry. a vintage amp would be at least repairable locally

heck, buy a non working amp for 5-20 euros off the classifieds and fix it for a few thousand locally :D

Hey all!

I've came across a pre-owned "MARANTZ PM 15 S2 Limited Edition" from Germany. My friend is there in Germany, but he travel to India only after 4-5 months...

The present owner is a German national, who says he can also ship it to Bangalore and it costs approx 85 Euros, including Insurance worth of 1000 euros through DHL.

How safe it is? how about duty/ import/ customs etc.. and somewhere I heard used electronics is not allowed to import?? - will this amp comes under used electronics?

Otherwise, I need to find someone who are travelling back from Germany or somewhere around Europe.. with enough luggage space left in their quota :(
This amp is 18.5KG, and it will come around 20kg with packaging. :(

I believe its a good upgrade over my existing PM7004.

Thanks for your inputs and suggestions!

20KG Box would tempt Customs. I see Customs are charging hefty import duties. They know people under value while importing goods also in your case its used. They might plan to fill some bills. Better you wait for 3-4 Months, Until ur friend return. Else just travel to Germany to pickup. Shipping+customs would be almost near to traveling charge +No risk of Aamp getting struck in the middle or damage.

I dropped plan of buying Used Amp to India via any Xyz Post, Cant risk money and material. If you really need, then get someone or travel to hand pick.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back