How to increase the soundstage height?

anirudhchandrashekar

Hello all. Been busy working on my panels for the room. Unfortunately I have a square room (12x12) and a 9.5ft ceiling.

Been trying out various placements of my PSB Synchronys and acoustic panels. Fiddling around, the depth can be chilling at times. But, when I auditioned the speakers at the dealer, the stage was way up than what it is in my room. Considering that the dealer had a fully treated room, I am assuming some sort of treatment might help lift the stage up?

I read about hanging panels from the ceiling above the speakers and the listening positions and this heightens the stage. As of now, I run a rectangular carpet and that is it for treating the floor. What is your take on it? I'd love to know the views of the FMs here regarding their experience and success in playing with soundstage depth and height.

Hello all. Been busy working on my panels for the room. Unfortunately I have a square room (12x12) and a 9.5ft ceiling.

Been trying out various placements of my PSB Synchronys and acoustic panels. Fiddling around, the depth can be chilling at times. But, when I auditioned the speakers at the dealer, the stage was way up than what it is in my room. Considering that the dealer had a fully treated room, I am assuming some sort of treatment might help lift the stage up?

I read about hanging panels from the ceiling above the speakers and the listening positions and this heightens the stage. As of now, I run a rectangular carpet and that is it for treating the floor. What is your take on it? I'd love to know the views of the FMs here regarding their experience and success in playing with soundstage depth and height.

First remove any stand in between the speakers.
I too have a similar sized room and this helped the most. Unfortunately it is difficult to get height in this sized room. You need to bring the speakers out but that's tough in this room. At the most you can try greater toe in but it may brighten the system. Placing a 24inch x 24 inch diffuser at about 4 feet high between the speakers will help as well.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back