how to let multiple users in windows access same Kodi app?

arnprasad

Being a windows user for almost 20 years I feel odd asking this as this applies to all programs on windows.

If an Admin installs a program-say Kodi and there are other users on the PC- like on my desktop I created my kids account. How can he share Kodi as I dont see that appearing when I log in under his account? While I can install Kodi under his account as well...I would think there will be a way to share programs between users....

Googling didnt help

Being a windows user for almost 20 years I feel odd asking this as this applies to all programs on windows.

If an Admin installs a program-say Kodi and there are other users on the PC- like on my desktop I created my kids account. How can he share Kodi as I dont see that appearing when I log in under his account? While I can install Kodi under his account as well...I would think there will be a way to share programs between users....

Googling didnt help

I think this option of allowing multiple users to be able to get the same instance of Kodi shows up when you install it for the first time in one of the windows it shows up as allow it for all users or admin or logged in user. But I think as you have already installed it under admin, why don't you try and open the properties window of the Kodi.exe file and check for users (something like allow access for this application). I think you can do that but not sure, give it a try.

The short cut worked..while the program opens, now I have to again link all my videos, photos and music....anyway all my current settings of kodi from my admin login gets carried to my kids log in as well?

I am not sure if your kodi profiles will be carried our to your kids account too. But since you are telling that all the videos had to be added back, I incline to believe that the settings would not have been carried over.
Any way to keep them separate you can look into creating multiple profiles for different users.
Profiles - Kodi

But the issue I discovered today is that since I am the admin and all files are in my pictures/music/videos, when I try to add the folders from my kids Kodi, it wont let me and neither is it telling me that I need admin access..so now I have kodi on my kids login where I cannot add any files...any ideas how to get around this?

It pretty simple. Do not keep the files that you want to share in your profile. Rather save them at a location every user has access to. For eg. a folder in D drive

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back