How to listen to stereo

maxresdefault.jpg

The Art of Listening – Music Documentary (2017)

After spending 30+ years on stereo and sound stage issues, now I have started feeling that probably stereo was just a marketing gimmick. Just like the 5.1 and 7.1 audio. Mono is as satisfying and sometimes even better.

Regards,
Sharad Medhavi

After spending 30+ years on stereo and sound stage issues, now I have started feeling that probably stereo was just a marketing gimmick. Just like the 5.1 and 7.1 audio. Mono is as satisfying and sometimes even better.

Regards,
Sharad Medhavi

It is great to know that you also like mono playback.
I read an article which said that stereo is a marketing gimmick to sell more speaker sets. BTW I don't want to debate on that.
But I love mono playback. When I listen to old mono records in my vintage mono tube based system with German klangfilm speakers I feel the 'Realism' and 'life like' voices which I miss in stereo playback.. They remind me of the music I love to hear in cinema theaters of my childhood.
Although I don't have any complaints about the stereo sound. I like ilayaraja, RDB, kanyanji anandji songs very much.
Regards
Shafic

When I listen to old mono records in my vintage mono tube based system with German klangfilm speakers I feel the 'Realism' and 'life like' voices which I miss in stereo playback..

Regards
Shafic

That is exactly how I would describe it!
I also noticed that playing some not so satisfying stereo LPs using a mono cartridge results in a fuller and pleasing sound.

Regards,
Sharad

Have never heard a mono record

Would love to hear someday

Though I know of a guy who was on the Naim forum

Who went thru all the routine upgrades
But something did not satisfy

Once he was thru with his working life

he decided to retire to his cottage in Sweden
To spend the remainder of his life
With Quad ESL or was that quad 63 model in mono config

He was never seen on the forum again

Regards

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back