How to make 3D SBS movies

pratham_007

Hi guys,

I own a LG LW5700 i need a help regarding converting movies.

1) Can u guys suggest me any conversion s/w to create 3D SBS movies.
Im currently using DVDfab n Imtoo 3d movie converter but problem is dat DVDfab process but at end of conversion i get Nvidia CUDA error.In Imtoo 3D tried several times but when i convert movies it doesnt play on my tv.

2) Can u tell me setting for converting d movies,tried several formats but no luck, avi n xvid format totally turn to crap,tried to make dem in .mkv n x264 but didnt worked.

While converting movies what should be the format for excellent quality, on what bitrate should i convert the movies.

Plz help me coz im fed up of downloading 3D SBS content frm internet as i use just 512kbps line :sad:

I hope ur comments n experience will help me n others to understand dis feature

Thanks & Regards,
Prathamesh

No need to convert dvd rips and blu ray rips(Non 3D) to SBS.You can use TV's 3D convertor instead.3D SBS can be ripped from 3D blu rays only.

No need to convert dvd rips and blu ray rips(Non 3D) to SBS.You can use TV's 3D convertor instead.3D SBS can be ripped from 3D blu rays only.

if i convert using TV in to 3D d WOW effect is not present, isnt der any way rather ripping 3d BD rips, using any vdo converters tried several tym sumtyms it play but wen it comes to BR rip(non 3D) it fails to play on tv!!:sad:

There won't be much wow effect in sbs movies converted from 2d movies as well.
Also it will cause a lot of strain to your eyes.
best way to watch 2d movies in 3d is by 2d-->3d feature of the tv.

There won't be much wow effect in sbs movies converted from 2d movies as well.
Also it will cause a lot of strain to your eyes.
best way to watch 2d movies in 3d is by 2d-->3d feature of the tv.

i know it can but den too hav u tried making dem???

ya but wat if i dnt get d file i want dats y i wanna convert dem n i hav just 512kbps line so it take a 1 day to d/l d rips which totally sucks!!:sad:

Download throughout night and daytime when you are not using. Even i have 512 kbps but have downloaded movies like Avatar 3d which is like 19 GB and took more than 100 hours to download and tron legacy like 15gb.

You are getting movies for free and still complain?? How lazy can anyone get?? Also now you get good 3d sbs rips for 5-8 gb which get over in 2 days which is quite reasonable.

If you think d/l ding for 1 day totally sucks then buy the 3d bluray :)

i know it can but den too hav u tried making dem???
no, i haven't tried making them.
but i have downloaded a few movies which were converted by people with much more expertise than u and me, and i couldn't watch even for 5 mins.
so, i don't see any point converting them myself.

Download throughout night and daytime when you are not using. Even i have 512 kbps but have downloaded movies like Avatar 3d which is like 19 GB and took more than 100 hours to download and tron legacy like 15gb.

You are getting movies for free and still complain?? How lazy can anyone get?? Also now you get good 3d sbs rips for 5-8 gb which get over in 2 days which is quite reasonable.

i agree with madhav
moreover u live in mumbai ?? so u must be able to get a better internet connection. we don't have such luxury in smaller cities.

actually prb is dat im wrking so cant keep my pc ON all d day n so wen i reach i start d/ling but main prb is dat my pc is in room wer v all sleep at nite n mom hate coz of LED lights frm my CPU coz it disturb her n she hav to wake up early :indifferent14: so cant keep ON my pc at night too dats y was asking for d help!!! :rolleyes:

pratham_007, please avoid sms lingo. The forum rules specifically prohibits the use sms lingo.

pratham,....honestly bro,this is pratham(first time) i'm hearing of someone sincerely trying to make a 3d sbs from 2d source.Either ur information about making a video with credible 3d effect from a regular 2d video source is flawed somewhere or u r desperately trying to believe a hoax.With ur available h/w & s/w it's just not possible or even if remotely possible,the 3d(?)video & its effect will be a disaster ! Even by hollywood state of art tech,artificial 3d conversion from video/movies originally shot in 2d doesnot have the wow effect like those originally shot in 3d stereo cameras.
So as best as i understand, you are trying in vain or more precisely your efforts r not worth it !

If u own a good tv..u need high speed internet to explore all possibilities of tv. You need to download high quality 2d movies and use 2d-->3d function of your tv.
Don't try to convert it on your pc cause it will require high power requirement..so it's like u first downloading crap quality movies and expect good pic quality on your tv..that's no gonna work.

+1 to @indiglo.

Tweaking the D/loaded file for these 3d effect is not much worthy. As few FMs suggested in earlier posts, keep your PC on for entire night for D/loads.
problems with Mom?? Cover your CPU with a clothe:D

Siva

pratham,....honestly bro,this is pratham(first time) i'm hearing of someone sincerely trying to make a 3d sbs from 2d source.Either ur information about making a video with credible 3d effect from a regular 2d video source is flawed somewhere or u r desperately trying to believe a hoax.With ur available h/w & s/w it's just not possible or even if remotely possible,the 3d(?)video & its effect will be a disaster ! Even by hollywood state of art tech,artificial 3d conversion from video/movies originally shot in 2d doesnot have the wow effect like those originally shot in 3d stereo cameras.
So as best as i understand, you are trying in vain or more precisely your efforts r not worth it !

+1 to @indiglo.

Tweaking the D/loaded file for these 3d effect is not much worthy. As few FMs suggested in earlier posts, keep your PC on for entire night for D/loads.
problems with Mom?? Cover your CPU with a clothe:D

Siva

Contrary to almost every post on this thread, I presume less people know that the almost 80% of SBS 3D format movies floating on internet for downloads is converted from 2D Blurays. So its absolutely wrong to say that 3D SBS can be ripped from 3D blu rays only. Any 2D movie can be converted to 3D SBS format to be enjoyed on any 3D TV or 120Hz 3D Monitor with regular polarized glasses, so its not a hoax and the information is not flawed.

Now the question is how. Two straight ways to do it. the hard way, by using predefined scripts and editing application like Virtual Dub or by few already existing softwares in the market that does the same job.

I have done the hard way, even though I do not own a 3D TV .. :D, but its just me ..... to have my hand in experiments to almost everything that deals with Audio/Video.

So ok back to how to do it. I would not be describing the entire procedure here, but will point you in the right direction (and probably will prepare a proper guide as to how to do to, in a similar fashion, that I have explained how to backup BD in mkvs in my sig) ....... anyway,what you need is a programm called AviSynth, its free so download via the link I have provided.

Once you download it and install it dont bother to run it ... AviSynth acts as a codec, allowing media viewers/players to understand AviSynth scripts, in the form of AVS files.

Now its time to get the script that does the magic work. Its free again download it from below ..

https://rapidshare.com/files/1255352667/rename_to_movie.avs

curtsey ...... Anton Belev (also know as Bloody)

Open the script in notepad and edit line ..

video2d = DirectShowSource("Avatar_Trailer_HD.avi")

change the ("Avatar_Trailer_HD.avi") to the name of your movie that you wanna convert. Save the movie file in .avs extension in the same location as is your movie file.

that's it open your media player like windows media player, open the .avs file (not avi) and you should see the movie playing in SBS 3D format. All you need is compatible monitor (120hz) and 3D glasses.

Now remember this is run time conversion, so you need a decent PC to play the movie. Also since this is run time conversion you have not yet saved the file (so that you can play it on your TV as well)

For that you need an application called Virtual Dub ..... how to save the file is something I will let you all figure out (Googlesssssss) ...... or may be as I said I will include it in a complete Guide I will prepare for the same ... until enjoy run-time SBS 3D. :)

Last edited:
Ra-One and DON2 are movies shot in 2D and later converted to 3D in post production. the 3D effect is not great.

Contrary to almost every post on this thread, I presume less people know that the almost 80% of SBS 3D format movies floating on internet for downloads is converted from 2D Blurays. So its absolutely wrong to say that 3D SBS can be ripped from 3D blu rays only. Any 2D movie can be converted to 3D SBS format to be enjoyed on any 3D TV or 120Hz 3D Monitor with regular polarized glasses, so its not a hoax and the information is not flawed.

Now the question is how. Two straight ways to do it. the hard way, by using predefined scripts and editing application like Virtual Dub or by few already existing softwares in the market that does the same job.

I have done the hard way, even though I do not own a 3D TV .. :D, but its just me ..... to have my hand in experiments to almost everything that deals with Audio/Video.

So ok back to how to do it. I would not be describing the entire procedure here, but will point you in the right direction (and probably will prepare a proper guide as to how to do to, in a similar fashion, that I have explained how to backup BD in mkvs in my sig) ....... anyway,what you need is a programm called AviSynth, its free so download via the link I have provided.

Once you download it and install it dont bother to run it ... AviSynth acts as a codec, allowing media viewers/players to understand AviSynth scripts, in the form of AVS files.

Now its time to get the script that does the magic work. Its free again download it from below ..

https://rapidshare.com/files/1255352667/rename_to_movie.avs

curtsey ...... Anton Belev (also know as Bloody)

Open the script in notepad and edit line ..

video2d = DirectShowSource("Avatar_Trailer_HD.avi")

change the ("Avatar_Trailer_HD.avi") to the name of your movie that you wanna convert. Save the movie file in .avs extension in the same location as is your movie file.

that's it open your media player like windows media player, open the .avs file (not avi) and you should see the movie playing in SBS 3D format. All you need is compatible monitor (120hz) and 3D glasses.

Now remember this is run time conversion, so you need a decent PC to play the movie. Also since this is run time conversion you have not yet saved the file (so that you can play it on your TV as well)

For that you need an application called Virtual Dub ..... how to save the file is something I will let you all figure out (Googlesssssss) ...... or may be as I said I will include it in a complete Guide I will prepare for the same ... until enjoy run-time SBS 3D. :)

Can u plz share some of ur home rendered 3d videos?
Yes, i mayb the less knowledgeable here & technology can do many amazing things, always pushing the boundaries, including rendering artificial 3d from 2d source,but IMHO,hardly can u replace the original with the artificial ! Many hollywood studio rendered 3d movies have far less the wow factor/or rather have crap 3d compared to movies like Avatar or the the Best Wow 3d IMAX Documeentaries, natively shot in 3d stereo cameras .Even OLD Indian 3d movies like "Chota Chetan" & "Shiva ka Insaaf" shot natvely in 3d stereo camera had some great wow 3d popout effect, & can give a run for the money compared to some rendered 3d movies today which may put u to sleep or give a headache ,putting holes in ur pocket with their bluff game!

Artificial home rendered 3d 'may' be made with high end rigs & work in ur 3d tv too, but getting puresome amazing pop out 3d WOW effects from them would be the Big question !

btw,.if u know, where & how to look, U can get Great 3d sbs videos/movies ripped from Original 3D Br-Ray disc available on the internet ! Anyway,3d sbs is at best still a compromise.

Last edited:
actually prb is dat im wrking so cant keep my pc ON all d day n so wen i reach i start d/ling but main prb is dat my pc is in room wer v all sleep at nite n mom hate coz of LED lights frm my CPU coz it disturb her n she hav to wake up early :indifferent14: so cant keep ON my pc at night too dats y was asking for d help!!! :rolleyes:

Remove the LED lights. If its a desktop its very easy to remove the leds.

Be creative and figure out some way. A few years ago i had only night 2-8 unlimited and i had figured way to switch on my computer automatedly at 2 and start torrent and even restart the modem as if the connection would have been on from before some extra usage used to get registered. All these running in a script.

So there is always a way for any problem, figure out a way !!!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back