How to play a .trp file in Windows

uziel

I am in Delhi and a subscriber to Indigital Cable , have a STB model MYBOX DVBC INC-002, its has a PVR option, when I record online TV, it saves the files as .trp extension. I have tried to play this file, it plays back fine in TV but when I connect the USB drive on Windows system, i cannot play it. I have searched the net extensively but may be I am missing something. I have tried VLC, FFD, CoreAVC, KMPlayer, SMPlayer, Classic Player, WMP, what not, updated all codecs but none seem to work. Tried converters but thats not the purpose here so can someone guide me how to play.trp files in Windows.

I think most of the STB that we use in India are encrypted by the service providers and you cannot playback the recorded programs on STB in other devices apart from the STB itself.

@uziel:

Use Gomplayer.It might work.
Install Gomplayer,
go to preferences --- others -- select all

File Types -- Codec
Now you can play your .trp files.

Make a backup of files in another folder.Open the video with Windows Media Player normally, you may find some kind of error.Go to the menu, and click in : Save as.... / save and then type the name of the movie and put the format MP3
EX: test.mp3 and enter.

Then click two times in that 'test.mp3 and it will work in the Windows Media Player /VLC.

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back