How to play Dolby Atmos clip

ISO

I have dolby atoms enabled AVR.

I have downloaded some Atmos test clips from net.

But my laptop HDMI to AVR can not play it.

I have also tried to play it through Samsung BD E5500 player through USB but player hangs and need to restarted.

If my laptop or BD player output bit stream then AVR can decode it.

Is there any way out?

Provide some information about what AVR you are using, how old is your laptop, which media player you are using in your laptop etc

I do not know about MBP player, but know for sure that VLC does not support Dolby Atmos yet.

First check your laptop for HD audio compatibility. Right click on the speaker icon, select playback devices, select your avr and select configure - select the surround mode 7.1 or higher as per your speaker configuration.

In the playback devices screen after choosing the AVR select properties this time and see supported formats. DTS-HD and Dolby True HD should be listed there. If these HD audio formats are not listed then you wont get HD audio playback.

Download MPC-HC player (64 bit version preferred if your windows is 64bit). In the options menu you will find internal filters, select audio decoder, enable bitstreaming for all formats. Now play your atmos clip thro MPC-HC

I do not know about MBP player, but know for sure that VLC does not support Dolby Atmos yet.

First check your laptop for HD audio compatibility. Right click on the speaker icon, select playback devices, select your avr and select configure - select the surround mode 7.1 or higher as per your speaker configuration.

In the playback devices screen after choosing the AVR select properties this time and see supported formats. DTS-HD and Dolby True HD should be listed there. If these HD audio formats are not listed then you wont get HD audio playback.

Download MPC-HC player (64 bit version preferred if your windows is 64bit). In the options menu you will find internal filters, select audio decoder, enable bitstreaming for all formats. Now play your atmos clip thro MPC-HC

Thank You. I will try and get back to you.

For playing atmos from laptop use Kodi. It plays almost all files and supports bitstreaming. I did verify the same on almost all Avrs.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back