How to play movies from desktop to media player using LAN?

HDTV1080p

Hi,

I want to play movies stored in my desktop HDD (win 10) to media player (Zidoo X10) using LAN connection. Please help me setting up the ocnnection.

Last edited:
Hi,

I want to play movies stored in my desktop HDD (win 10) to media player (Zidoo X10) using LAN connection. Please help me setting up the ocnnection.
Just share the HDD using windows file sharing. Then use an app on your media player to read that. If it's Android based, you'll find many apps that can read. You can try VLC which has very good network streaming capabilities.

MaSh

I am totally inexperienced in this...... any step by step process would be of great help.

Media player : Zidoo X10 (android based)
Desktop : Windows 10

I am totally inexperienced in this...... any step by step process would be of great help.

Media player : Zidoo X10 (android based)
Desktop : Windows 10

You can try installing ES File explorer on your Android device, if both your windows and this device are on same network, You can view and play files shared on windows device.

You can also install plex media server on your desktop which helps in organising the media library and can be used from any platform be it TV, media player, phone, etc.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back