How to Sale Spare parts of faulty Denon AVR

druk2004

Hi friends,

I have a faulty Denon 1612. I had repaired one of the channels last time when it got damaged. Maybe another channel got damaged this time.

I got a new AVR now but just wanted some guidance if I can get some juice out of my old AVR and use it as contribution towards a Sub-woofer !!
[FYI for one channel repair... generally people charge approx INR 4500/- ,,, and My AVR should be having 4 working channels ...]

Maybe some repair shops would buy it for spares etc. ? Plz suggest if you know anyone who can be potential buyer?

BR
Roy

If you know the secondary windings of the transformer, let me know

Regards

How do you get to know what are the secondary windings and how does it help. Thanks
The secondary windings are what are used to supply current at lower voltages to various parts of the amplifier

So there may be a 45-0-45v for the power amplifier, a 12-0-12v for the preamplifier and a 9-0v for USB etc

The secondary windings are what are used to supply current at lower voltages to various parts of the amplifier

So there may be a 45-0-45v for the power amplifier, a 12-0-12v for the preamplifier and a 9-0v for USB etc
I did not understand. It will help if you can plz clarify a bit more.

That should cover it all

Hi friends,

I have a faulty Denon 1612. I had repaired one of the channels last time when it got damaged. Maybe another channel got damaged this time.

I got a new AVR now but just wanted some guidance if I can get some juice out of my old AVR and use it as contribution towards a Sub-woofer !!
[FYI for one channel repair... generally people charge approx INR 4500/- ,,, and My AVR should be having 4 working channels ...]

Maybe some repair shops would buy it for spares etc. ? Plz suggest if you know anyone who can be potential buyer?

BR
Roy
If the FL FR channels are working, try using it as a power/ stereo amp for your new AVR. Use a high level to low level converter and send the FL FR sound to the older Denon. It might also take care of the shrill sound you are experiencing in the new AVR and improve overall SQ.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back