How to see lyrics on android phones

arnprasad

Hi,

I want to see lyrics on the screen when a song is played. I can see many softwares/app that support western music.

I am not looking for the app to be smart enough to get the lyrics from the net - if it can do it - great - but am more than happy to download the lyrics and save it in the same folder as the music - like the .srt files for subtitles. I just want the app to smart enough to sync the lyrics file with the music so that like subtitles i get the lyrics when a song is played.

Please suggest the app - I am guessing its a music player with this functionality built in.

I currently use the real player free on my micromax A110:clapping:

The current compilation I am looking for help is "life and times of jagjit singh" which I have on my player (7 CDs):eek:

Also suggest what is the best way to go about it - whether I download and save the lyrics or I just save the music files on my SD card and let the app get the lyrics from the net. Funny thing is whatever limited googling I have done - no Indian retailer has this album? I only see few sites offering it for 100 dollars or so - this album was only released abroad?

Last edited:
Getting lyrics for Indian songs is not easy. You can search the web and copy the lyrics and save it as .lrc file. In Windows I am using minilyrics which can fetch synchronized lyrics and they have a huge database for western music. Many Hindi lyrics are also there, but most are of new songs. Search for android player with lrc support.

For phones like Android or iOS you dont need the phone to support such things rather download an app to complete this function.

Few of the Lyrics Apps on Google Play are:-

1. Lyrita.

2. musixXmatch.

3. Shazam.

4. TuneWiki.

5. MixZing Media Player.

6. Sound Hound is good but works only in US,Canada.

So, just search for the appropriate app and n'joy.

Thanks, let me download the hindi/urdu lyrics in English, save it as .lrc file and keep iti along with the audio file and find a player that identifies and plays it along.

A while back I had MIUI player on my phone which used to look up lyrics and sync it with playback quite decently, but as everyone here has said, it only works for western music and very few regional stuff.
I shall try the .lrc method sometime.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back