How to setup ONKYO 3500 Speaker Setting ?

Abhilash Anne

Hello All ,

I am new to these HT settings , i have recently purchased ONKYO 3500 and the connections given to that are
Input
1. DVD player ( HDMI )
2.Reliance STB-HD ( HDMI )
3.Chrome Cast ( HDMI )
4.Laptop ( HDMI )
5.Digital Optical Fiber ( Running from TV to reciever )
OUTPUT
1.Samsung LCD 40' ( HDMI without ARC support )
The Problem I am facing is
-No matter what input i give to the receiver i am able to see only " PCM " on my reciever . Unable to change it to dobly , dts etc .
-Unable to get Surround Sound , even though i play files( which support surround sound ) from my LAPTOP

Help !!!

Hello All ,

I am new to these HT settings , i have recently purchased ONKYO 3500 and the connections given to that are
Input
1. DVD player ( HDMI )
3.Chrome Cast ( HDMI )
4.Laptop ( HDMI )
OUTPUT
-No matter what input i give to the receiver i am able to see only " PCM " on my reciever . Unable to change it to dobly , dts etc .
-Unable to get Surround Sound , even though i play files( which support surround sound ) from my LAPTOP

Help !!!

No worries.. You need to change the audio output settings in your TV... Default is PCM.... Try changing other options in the setting & you shoul be able to see DTS & DD Logo on your AVR....

Thanks for the reply
@ Elangoas - I chked with that option too , i see Dolby digital and Dts in the tv sound setting but those are disabled . The only option enabled is PCM .

Connect STB digital out directly to AVR as mostly DD/DTS is not sent over HDMI.Few can,but you need to check.

Thanks for the reply
@ Elangoas - I chked with that option too , i see Dolby digital and Dts in the tv sound setting but those are disabled . The only option enabled is PCM .

So my guess is that you need to tweak some other audio settings in the TV which will enable the multichannel out from TV.

Hello All ,

Input
1. DVD player ( HDMI )
3.Chrome Cast ( HDMI )
4.Laptop ( HDMI )
OUTPUT

Help !!!

I assuming that you have connected all your sources directly to Onkyo and HDMI out from Onkyo yo TV for the video signal. If so the HTIB should recognise the Dolby signal automatically and should display it and no setting change is required on the TV or HTIB.Which STB are you using ? Some need separate optical connection for carrying the 5.1 sound

If it is a HD connection surely there will be a way to take out the Dolby/ 5.1 signal out from the Reliance STB.
Possible connections

1) through HDMI - this is available in my Videocon though my earlier Airtel required a parallel digital audio connection
2) if there is no optical out - does your STB have a co axial out? If yes use it.
3) last alternative call Reliance customer care:)

@jagdish
Thanks for you reply , my Stb has a co-axial out will try using it and thinking of calling reliance customer care is a foolishness . I tried reaching them , they have hired few bunch of fools and when i asked them " if my particualar STB supports Dolby Digital 5.1 surround " he reversely asks me " Sir could you actually let me know what the prob is and what is this Dolby Digital ? "
I was like chuck it no use asking them .

For checking the co axial connection you do not have to buy a new cable. Use any existing RCA cable avl with you .If it works you can get a proper co axial cable.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back