How to stream Netflix UHD titles and 4K Youtube video clips on your XGIMI H2 projector

atanum

First let me confirm that YOU CAN STREAM Netflix 4K titles and 4K Youtube clips on your XGIMI H2 projector!

4K UHD streaming (2).PNG

4K UHD streaming (7).jpg

This is, however, not possible by downloading Netflix and Youtube apps from Aptoide TV store on your XGIMI H2...
You will need to buy a Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K and connect to HDMI1 port. This will completely transform your viewing experience and you will thank yourself for buying a XGIMI H2 for such fabulous AV experience - all at less than a $1000 dollars!

For me this was even sweeter..... since I got a Chinese version of the XGIMI H2 projector at a bargain price, and I needed to have an English menu for browsing content. So the Fire TV Stick 4K was god sent for me.

A few tips to remember:-
1) The power ON/OFF button and Volume control on the Firestick Remote do not work
2) The original XGIMI remote is required for three things -
(a) Switch the XGIMI H2 projector ON/OFF
(b) Control the Volume level
(c) Click on the Menu button (3rd button from the top) to select HDMI 2.0 mode (instead of HDMI 1.4) to ensure 4K streaming

ENJOY 4K!

Last edited:
First let me confirm that YOU CAN STREAM Netflix 4K titles and 4K Youtube clips on your XGIMI H2 projector!

View attachment 39041

View attachment 39043

This is, however, not possible by downloading Netflix and Youtube apps from Aptoide TV store on your XGIMI H2...
You will need to buy a Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K and connect to HDMI1 port. This will completely transform your viewing experience and you will thank yourself for buying a XGIMI H2 for such fabulous AV experience - all at less than a $1000 dollars!

For me this was even sweeter..... since I got a Chinese version of the XGIMI H2 projector at a bargain price, and I needed to have an English menu for browsing content. So the Fire TV Stick 4K was god sent for me.

A few tips to remember:-
1) The power ON/OFF button and Volume control on the Firestick Remote do not work
2) The original XGIMI remote is required for three things -
(a) Switch the XGIMI H2 projector ON/OFF
(b) Control the Volume level
(c) Click on the Menu button (3rd button from the top) to select HDMI 2.0 mode (instead of HDMI 1.4) to ensure 4K streaming

ENJOY 4K!
But isn't this a Full HD projector ? It is passing through 4k content but showing you Full HD display in case it is a full hd projector. In case its a full HD projector wouldn't it be better to use a 1080p stream and save bandwidth ?

I believe XGIMI H2 is a 1080p Pixel Shifting 4K projector....

It makes use of a technique known as pixel shifting for displaying 4K images. XGIMI H2 has 1920 x1080 chips making it effectively a native 1080p projector. When it receives a 4K input signal from a device, it process and splits the original image having a resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels into two images each with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. Each of the two resulting images has half the pixels of the original image. In other words, each resulting image contains half of the information in the original image, and the two images must be combined to produce the original image.

The projector displays both the images alternatively on the screen. However, one image is diagonally shifted by half a pixel in relation to the other. Each pixel of one image will be half a pixel lower and half a pixel to left or right as compared to the corresponding pixel of the other image.

Pixel Shifting in Projectors.png

As the projector alternates between the two images at such a high speed, the eyes of the viewers perceive the two images as one with a resolution that is closer to 4K. In reality, the total number of pixels on the screen is about 4.1 million which is twice the pixels of the 1080p image. Pixel shifting is also known as e-shift and 4K enhancement depending on the terminology used by different brands.

Native 4K projectors are very expensive but they also produce better quality images. To display a resolution of 4K, the manufacturer will have to fit 4096 x 2160 mirrors on the small array or use an LCD screen with more pixels. The process for producing the DLP or LCD chips for 4K resolution is complex and requires high precision. It increases the cost of the projectors and puts them out of the reach of most customers.

Projector central has mentioned the max resolution at 1920 X 1080. If it was shifting pixels it would have been specified as a 4k projector. For example most of the low end projectors from Benq or Optoma use pixel shifting but these are then specified as 4k projectors though not native 4k.
I think what the PJ is showing you is the specifications of the incoming signal.

I can certainly see a perceptible difference on the screen between a 1080p stream and a 4K UHD stream...

I have Xgimi H2 connected to Nvidia Shield and even after selecting the HDMI 2.0 option in Xgimi H2, Shield is not playing Netflix in 4k. Any thoughts ?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back