How to test whether ARC is working with a certain HDMI?

rksingh1

I bought this HDMI from AMAZON : https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01M61V3LV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (TIZUM Ultra HDMI 2.0 -Gold Plated-High Speed Data 18Gbps, 3D, 4K, HD 2160p (5 Ft/ 1.5M-Grey)

It says that ARC is supported. I went to Yamaha 585 HDMI setting and enabled HDMI Control, ARC to on. My Sony TV 42W670 has ARC on HDMI 1 as per spec. When I go to TV setting, there isn't anything specific for HDMI, but there is for Bravia SYNC where there is an option to turn control for HDMI on. When I try to enable it, it says it couldn't detect the ARC capable device at other end.

I am not sure if the cable is faulty or I am doing something wrong with Sony / Yamaha setting. Any help will be appreciated.

I bought this HDMI from AMAZON : https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01M61V3LV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (TIZUM Ultra HDMI 2.0 -Gold Plated-High Speed Data 18Gbps, 3D, 4K, HD 2160p (5 Ft/ 1.5M-Grey)

It says that ARC is supported. I went to Yamaha 585 HDMI setting and enabled HDMI Control, ARC to on. My Sony TV 42W670 has ARC on HDMI 1 as per spec. When I go to TV setting, there isn't anything specific for HDMI, but there is for Bravia SYNC where there is an option to turn control for HDMI on. When I try to enable it, it says it couldn't detect the ARC capable device at other end.

I am not sure if the cable is faulty or I am doing something wrong with Sony / Yamaha setting. Any help will be appreciated.
Iam also facing similar issues with the same cable (albeit 2mts.) with my LG OLED C7 and Marantz SR 5013. Have tried all settings on TV as well as AVR, cannot manage to get the ARC working. Not sure if there are issues with settings or the cable.

Stick with AmazonBasics cables, they always work as expected. When I got my Denon, it didn't connect with TV at all and after hours of troubleshooting, it was found to be related to the HDMI cable (which was working fine with my laptop BTW).

Sony Bravia Synch is a feature which works for Sony Products only.....

Read the manuals carefully of both AVR and the TV....I am sure you might be missing a step to be completed.....

Looking at the cable....I think there would be a challenge there.....a cable which has transfer rate of 18gbps cannot be as cheap as Rs 229.

Amazon Basics and Blue Rigger are reliable cables that work for all applications well.....the other high end ones are Monster, DAC, Bandridge etc.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back