How to update firmware of Onkyo 807

surinder1508

Please help me updating firmware of Onkyo 807. It is a network receiver and can update its firmware via network I have done all the things accordingly what have told by Onkyo but it is giving me Error 11 (Internet connection error) that means I haven't connected it on network properly.

I have connected Ethernet cable which is coming from my BSNL broadband modem to AVR's Ethernet in thought that's the way to get updated firmware form Onkyo site but it did not worked. So I'm doing it wrong way.

I assume I have to get router connected with modem via WAN port, AVR and PC via LAN port but can I do without Router as I don't own one.

So please let me know how to make a proper network for my porpose.

Thanks!

To create a network in your case you can also use your computer here with an extra ethernet port as I am asssuming you own a desktop computer and your BSNL modem gets connected through ethernet, so one port is occupied but by installing an additional internal ethernet card you can add an additional port to your computer and then connect your AVR through that addditional port.
The easiest way to do all this is to have a router connected in between your BSNL modem and your AVR as that will also asssign an IP address automatically to your AVR which is not happenning with your present connection method.

OK guys I can arrange one of these solutions but now I'm concerned about my broadband connection which disconnects and reconnects itself very rarely though (maybe not more then twice a week) not very harmful for my day to day usages but AFAIK when I'll update firmware of my Onkyo 807 the internet connection should be constant which is not in my case as disconnection and reconnection can happen any time and I couldn't fix it up-till now.

SO can I have other options like download updated firmware first on my PC somehow (safer for me if possible) and then update my AVR through my PC or can I backup avr's old firmware somehow so in case of crysis I can get back to that.

OK I got my broadband connection stabilized now can I update firmware of onkyo 807 using BSNL's nokia Siemens residential modem cum router 1600 if yes then please guide me how ?

Well guys when ever I connect my onkyo 807 to BSNL's nokia Siemens residential modem cum router 1600 (which I borrowed from my friend for that propose as it has four Ethernet ports so one goes to my PC for internet connection and one goes to AVR for a firmware update of onkyo 807) it flashes message NO SERVER but router connection indicator glows means it is connected.

Here is an image link of the modem/router

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

So what settings I have to change to solve the problem or tell me if this router is not going to workout at all.

One of the easiest ways to do this is to download the firmware and burn it into a CD. Then using a DVD Player, play the CD. The manual will provide exact instructions. If your receiver has an USB port, you can also use a pen drive with just the firmware.

Cheers

Back