How you made/are making Home Theater Room?

Raghav

Recently, many members on the forum have started making their Home Theater room. Also many already have impressive Home Theaters in use. I thought of having a dedicated thread to compile the experience of all those who have made / are making Home Theater rooms. All are requested to share their thoughts and experiences.

We can use the following template for the same:

The Room Details
1. Size of HT Room:
2. Seating Distance, recliners, number of persons:
3. Screen (Size, Type, Ratio, Brand & Cost):
4. Projector ( Throw dist., mounting, zoom etc.)

Acoustics with costing and brands:
1. Ceiling treatment:
2. Wall Panelling:
3. Flooring:
4. Special Lighting:
5. Auomation:

Equipment with purchase cost:
1. Sources: DTH, BDP, DVD, WDTV etc.
2. Amplification: AVR, Pre-pro, Amp
3. Display: LCD, PLasma, PJ etc.
4. Speakers:
5. Cabling:
6. Accesories if any:

How has been your usage and satisfaction from the HT room?
Apart from the above do share anything special done by you that would help others in their venture?
Any unique difficulty faced and the solution as others may have same issues?

Regards,
Raghav

Hi Raghav,

Thanks for the start, in fact Iam planning a dedicated home theatre room for my new house. So, before finalising my house plan I need gurus of this forum to suggest me the ideal room size vs screen size vs projector. In my earlier thread "anyone using anamorphic with 2.35:1 aspect ratio" I have shortlisted Panasonic PT-AE4000 using our members inputs as per the specs below.

Planned dedicated home theatre dimension:
Lenght: 14ft
width: 10ft
Height: 10ft
Projector: Panasonic PT-AE4000
Screen: 103" White Matt (2.35:1 aspect ratio)
Current HTB: Onkyo HTS-670 (I will be changing this setup later on to 7.1, may be next year)
Media Player: Popcorn Hour A-110

Now, request your inputs whether the above makes a ideal dedicated home theatre room.

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back