Ht budget 40K

anirudh panwar

Please advice a HT system budget 40,000.00....required for playing music in the house as also connecting a to be brought 50 inch TV...thanks...Anirudh

Please advice a HT system budget 40,000.00....required for playing music in the house as also connecting a to be brought 50 inch TV...thanks...Anirudh

Best it to pick an used 5.1 AVR from the forum members in the classifieds section betw 10 ~ 15K and buy a 5.0 speaker package from Taga TAV for abt 25K.. You can add a sub if you like (or) if your budget permits..

what would be ideal for a HT..if i increase budget to 50 K...then what can i look for ..leys say a AVR and a pair of speakers..a AVR which can later be added with speakers...can this be a 5.1 or a 7,1 AVR...please advice,im a newbie ....but at he present looking for a max of 50K..thanks

what would be ideal for a HT..if i increase budget to 50 K...then what can i look for ..leys say a AVR and a pair of speakers..a AVR which can later be added with speakers...can this be a 5.1 or a 7,1 AVR...please advice,im a newbie ....but at he present looking for a max of 50K..thanks
If you have a small room the Yamaha 3072 will do a good job. Also you can keep a watch at sales section for used products. You should get a decent 5 or 7 channel avr for 25-30k and for the remaining 20k you can get LR speakers or buy Taga harmony speaker package and add a sub later.

Bro my advice is dont go with htib. Just get an avr as per your requirement 5.1 7.1 whatever. If u currently want surround setup u can buy taga 506. But iff u r not eager to get surround and can be patient just buy good fronts. And later buy surrounds.
From my personal experience i can tell. I too bought yht 1840 in hurry. I was sure that i wont upgrade due to budget
But it been only 6 months and i have already bought yamaha sw100 subwoofer and maybe buy taga harmony 506.
So i suggest u to buy good avr and add speakers later

Was in almost a similar scenario like you a few months before. I waited for a few months weighing pros and cons. Take your time and go slow. Although it's obvious that once you are bitten by the bug, it's hard to resist. Still, you might end up spending much more than whatever you intend to if you don't start right.
As a start, check out with all the dealers you can. They are sure to have some used AVRs at bargain prices. Try to get one within 20k. It's better and easier to change the driver than the car itself! And then start with a 2.0 setup as the basic ingredients for music listening. There are lots of good options within 25k. A floor stander delivers a bigger soundstage for music - although it is debatable. Then add the center, surrounds and sub as and when you can. But, I'd suggest that the center speaker should be the best single component in your entire setup. Yes, even better than the surrounds. If you want to have the surround experiences right away, nothing better than the TAGA 506/606. You can also consider the Polk Audio TL1600 - a very good VFM. Should cost you around 32-34K. But you'll have to make some concessions on refinement, dialogues and distortions.

Last edited:
Havent brought a HT so far..but willing to boost budget ..upto 60-70K...please advice a simple avr cum speaker combo...which can be used for plugging in tv audio,play music,must have bluettoth and wifi...

Havent brought a HT so far..but willing to boost budget ..upto 60-70K...please advice a simple avr cum speaker combo...which can be used for plugging in tv audio,play music,must have bluettoth and wifi...
Yamaha offers a HTIB for less then 50

Are yamaha HTBs ok.i heard reliability issues
Yamaha is known for reliability. I used yht 299 for 3 years and sold it to my friend. Till now no issues and its been 5 years and also both of us used it roughly. Go for it as it fits your budget. I think with discounts you can get it around 40k

Taga Harmony TAV-606 v.3 5.0 Channel Home Theater Speaker Set ....if i bid for this speaker than what compatible avr is commended..budget 60-70k

i mean total budget 60-70k
Ok i think the Taga package will come around 30k so with 40 k you can just get entry level avr and complete a 5.0 set up.IMO go for a HTIB package. If room is small you can also check logitech z906 which wil cost you around 20 but have good reviews.

You can get a 5.1 AVR with bluetooth and may be wi-fi /ethernet port too.. Chromecast attached to AVR is good.. You can stream from mobile using wifi.. Pioneer and Onkyo models have them.. Choose one of the models, based on your budget..

Taga Harmony TAV-606 v.3 5.0 Channel Home Theater Speaker Set ....if i bid for this speaker than what compatible avr is commended..budget 60-70k

This would be better choice of 5.0 speaker package in your budget.. This also gives you the freedom to add a subwoofer later of your choice..

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back