HT from sony

tejaslok

hello ppl, im new to HT systems and i had some 6k multimedia speakers for my desktop PC and now im buying a new Sony w800a TV and im looking for a blue ray HT for it and my budget is 24k max, i saw one from sony

BDV-E3100 and i dont have any idea about yamaha or onkyo, as this comes with BD player, for 24k i can get both. :)

thank you

Welcome to HFV.If you get Yamaha/Onkyo,you have many options & can connect multiple devices.There can be less input in BDV-E3100 & hardly any digital inputs.

its a wastege of money imho the system you mentioned.get onkyo 3400 and be happy.get a blu ray player from sony at 6k to 8k.
why
ask yourself how will you connect your present mentioned system from say a tatasky set top box
clear?
plus there are lots of reasons...many reasons..like dolby decoding etc etc

Last edited:
As other members suggested Onkyo 3400 or yamaha entry level makes sense at 24K. Probably you can connect your existing DVD player now and later upgrade to a Blueray player.

In general disc players are more prone to issues and if the repair cost is high you have to dump the entire Sony receiver ( amp + player).

Thanks,
Sunil

its a wastege of money imho the system you mentioned.get onkyo 3400 and be happy.get a blu ray player from sony at 6k to 8k.
why
ask yourself how will you connect your present mentioned system from say a tatasky set top box
clear?
plus there are lots of reasons...many reasons..like dolby decoding etc etc

As other members suggested Onkyo 3400 or yamaha entry level makes sense at 24K. Probably you can connect your existing DVD player now and later upgrade to a Blueray player.

In general disc players are more prone to issues and if the repair cost is high you have to dump the entire Sony receiver ( amp + player).

Thanks,
Sunil

thanks for the input

My budget is 1.1 lakh max and i was thinking to get w800a + sony bd HT but can i buy sony w800a + yamaha YHT-298 so i wont be able to afford BD player. Sorry im a newbie in this field, Can i connect a 3D blue ray player later and another question is do the yamaha ppl give sufficient lengthy cable or does someone come from yamaha to install the speakers(cos i want it to be wall mounted) ?

Yamaha should do a Free installation. You can connect a BD player whenever you want to it. But go for Onkyo 3500. It has 3D support.

yes a br plauer can be easily conneted with yamaha 298 or onklyo 3400 ...
but not with sony HTs...
see a facility you discovered yourself
btw if budget is less go 3400 and a br player at a shot..as 3400 is 8k-10k less than 298
cables are lengthy enough...and thats not a problem..cables can be bought

Went to Harsha Electronics yesterday in bangalore, and he quoted Onkyo 3500 for 27,000/- and onkyo 4505 for 33,000/-, when i bargained for some discount he said, he might give the discount when the product arrives in 2 days, would be expecting the price of onkyo 4505 to be 31,500/-. He agreed to give the TV W800a for 75,000/-

So is it better to go for onkyo 4505 or with yamaha 298 or else onkyo 3500, I couldnt audition because it was out of stock and he agreed to get me sony BDP for 9,000/-

Today im going to demo in some other showroom and i dont know i could make out the difference between yamaha and onkyo 4505, anyways thanks for your valuable input guys, me buying it for the first time :)

Last edited:
Major differences are-
4505 has powered Subwoofer & Audyssey for Room Acoustic Correction
So both featers are useful,rest is same.

For some reasons i cant edit my 1st post,so as to update the progress ?

i have increased my budget its 33k since im buying it for the first time, thought of getting a good entry HT.

As "sidkap" suggested to get some high powered sub woofer since the one with 4505 is a bit low, so anyone please help me about the high powered sub cos i dont know whether its sufficient for 10 x 20 size hall, and till now we havent used any HT nor hi-fi systems

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back