HT speakers Vs Dedicated 2ch stereo speakers.

CLEARCUT

I start this thread to explain my view with my recent experience. My own speakers are B&W 801 Mkiii driven Accuphase 303x via Ec 1 pre. And in my Bed room system Dali mentor 2 speaker Krell Fpb 200 power Ec 4r pre. Sources and inter connects and speaker links are kimber 12 Tc, 8 Tc,. Recently one of my relatives Klipsch rf 35 landed in my home. I was also curious in auditioning in a high sensitive speakers. Opened the box and connected to my Bed room system. First I had an impression Klipsch was going to shout. But No it was good more than my expectation. Little volume was enough to entertain me.

Here comes the differences I noticed. Kilipsch fell short of perfection. There was difference between quantity and quality. Klipsch hf and lf were felt more than my Dali. Dali mentor2 won in the perfection, and in quality. In simple words Hf were so sharp detailed up to audible level and more than that sooooo natural. Like the same Mid clarity was super resembled the singers (Male or female) voice as natural as. More over Dali dispersed the sound widely irrelevant of its position. I could hear the sound from the left speaker in a little way when I come to the right speaker listening point. Wide soundstage.

Klipsch prouduced large sound. Hf and Lf were felt more than Dali because of its sensitivity but at the loss of quality. In mid Klipsch was far away from Dali. So many frequencies missed or laid back. So no coherence. More over there was no perfection Some times one speaker tend to dominate other spoiling the sound stage.

Klipsch Rf35 was more than my expectation. Recommend it for Ht 100% and for highend stereo set up 70%. These are all my own reviews. Some my differ.

Thanks Clearcut for what can be a useful thread. I did read it numerous times but was unable to comprehend to what has being conveyed. Request you if possible to redraft it so that the thread is not subjected to multiple misinterpretations.
thanks and regards

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back