HTIB or separate components

khanna16

Hi everyone this is my first thread in HFV, I am not an audiophile and I need your suggestions to build an awesome HT.

I would like to build a home theater and read all your posts but still confused.

I have logitech z5500 speakers hooked up to my pc & I love the speakers alot for the reasonable price and amazing sound quality with tight bass. Highs are not bright but for features like onboard decoding and affordable price tag grabbed me. And one more thing is THX certified.

I became THX fan after listening to these speakers.

First I thought I will go for "Onkyo HT-S9300THX" which is 7.1 and THX certified.

I love watching movies alot and later music too. My first preference is for Movies, if I can get both, best surround and best stereo experience I will be very glad.

My room size - 160sft

My budget - around 75,000 (bcoz I can get Onkyo HT-S9300THX @ this price) Max : 1 lakh.

With this my budget I am expecting AVR(THX select 2 if possible) and 7 speakers and a woofer. If I get audiophile speakers package with in my budget I can go for 5.1 and later I will upgrade it to 7.1.

Are THX certified products performs more when compared to non THX certified products?

so I would like to know, if can i build a HT seperately which sounds better than onkyo THX certified HTIB @ 75,000/-(max. 1 lakh).

I auditioned a lot of speakers but none satisfied me bcoz they are not installed properly. I need to find a proper AV sellers to get right audition. I auditioned Bose speakers but not satisfied with there price.
JBL speakers also didnt impress me alot.

I found an old thread "speakers audition in pune" in HFV , so now I came to know where I can go and audition speakers.

Also please tell me where can I find the speakers suggested by you.

I live in Hyderabad. I work at Pune.

I would be happy If I can get them online for reasonable price.

at this budget blind follow separate...no htib...
avr--denon/onk/yam
spr--polk/sonodyne/klipsch/paradigm/wharfe...many more

audition them....and decide..

As said above, go the separates way.
THX certification is good to have on the spec sheet and personally i too love that but it doesn't mean that only THX speakers sound good, there are many speakers which are good but have not applied for THX.
Audition the different choices that prosenjit has mentioned and select the sound which your ears like.

Thanks to prosenjit and all for the quick response. I will audition all speaker brands mentioned above and let you know guys which one I liked.

THX ofcourse certifies good quality but remember you are paying for the badge a premium. There are several brands/models which offer equivalently good quality but they just don't bother to get THX certified as it increases the product cost.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back