HTIB Suggestion for 12 X 18 room

zngrfix

Hi GURUs...

This is my first post so pls bare with me.im building my new home, so I have decided to have support AV room with the size of 18 X 12 ft.

Kindly suggest me that should I go for 7.1 system or 5.1. Which will be good for this room size ?

My budget is 50 to 60 K for HTIB.

Kindly suggest me the best system which suits my requirement.
60 % movie
30 % music
10 % game.

A marantz nr1501 receiver from shopyourworld.com for about 25-30k

The remaining 30k on the speaker and stuff.

mission htib 24k

rest on a dvd player

The Onkyo 5300 can be bought for 25-30k from shopyourworld.com. You can imagine the difference.

The Onkyo 5300 may compare to a mid/high level Philips, but not even to an entry level audiophile brand HTiB worth 15k or more.

Thanks you all for your valuable replys.
after doing so research on AV forum, i'm forced to import Onkyo HT 9300 from USA.

pls flash your view on this.
will it be a overdose for this room size?

Importing will bit expensive and am not sure whether you can import it its bulky 143.3 pounds.
But with lots of features Dolby Digital , Dolby Pro Logic IIz , DTS-HD and 3D-ready , THX Loudness Plus technology , On-screen display , HDMI Thru technology.

I doubt whether it would really compare to equally priced speakers imported from abroad or even purchased locally but still competitive.

you can consider q acoustics htib plus cambride/marantz receiver

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back