HTPC does not detect Marantz NR1504 as display device

ukjeyaraj

Today I got a new Marantz NR1504 and changed existing Pioneer VSX-520 with this Marantz NR1504. With the new AVR I am unable to use my HTPC.

Current setup is

HTPC/DTH --> Marantz NR1504 --> Acer H5370BD

HTPC Setup
HTPC has win7 64 bit and uses Intel HD2000 graphics

Problem
There is no signal (even audio) from HTPC to Marantz NR1504.

Checks done as of now
1) DTH tested and works fine in above setup
2) Tried connecting another device (xtreamer sidewinder) and the same works perfectly with AVR and Projector
3) Updated windows display drivers
4) HTPC works good if directly connected to a monitor or projector

With my earlier AVR (Pioneer VSX-520), I used to see in the graphic properties, the AVR identified as display device. Currently I am unable to see Marantz NR1504.

Kindly guide to resolve this issue.

If you press windows+P do you see another display?
Try using a different HDMI input port on the AVR.
Try disabling ARC feature if available on AVR.
Try updating mother board drivers (chipset).
Try a different display connected to the AVR like a TV.
Switch on the AVR and the projector before starting the PC.

Congrats.
Check if you can see marantz ii Windows playback devices.You may see HDMI as device which can be marantz.So make it default as check.

Thanks for suggesting various tips

If you press windows+P do you see another display?
Try using a different HDMI input port on the AVR.
Try disabling ARC feature if available on AVR.
Try updating mother board drivers (chipset).
Try a different display connected to the AVR like a TV.
Switch on the AVR and the projector before starting the PC.

1) Windows + P does not show another display
2) Tried different HDMI port, still no show
3) ARC is available. Need to find how to disable it. If known, please inform me.
4) I will do MB driver update today evening
5) Tried connecting a TV, still no show
6) I think I did this sequence already. Nevertheless will try again today evening

Today I got a new Marantz NR1504 and changed existing Pioneer VSX-520 with this Marantz NR1504. With the new AVR I am unable to use my HTPC.

Current setup is

HTPC/DTH --> Marantz NR1504 --> Acer H5370BD

HTPC Setup
HTPC has win7 64 bit and uses Intel HD2000 graphics

Problem
There is no signal (even audio) from HTPC to Marantz NR1504.

Checks done as of now
1) DTH tested and works fine in above setup
2) Tried connecting another device (xtreamer sidewinder) and the same works perfectly with AVR and Projector
3) Updated windows display drivers
4) HTPC works good if directly connected to a monitor or projector

With my earlier AVR (Pioneer VSX-520), I used to see in the graphic properties, the AVR identified as display device. Currently I am unable to see Marantz NR1504.

Kindly guide to resolve this issue.

Did you try keeping the AVR turned on first and have the desired HTPC input selected along with your PJ turned on and at the end turn on the HTPC?

Sometimes GPUs have trouble detecting display devices if not turned on in particular sequences.

@Santy - Tried all tips given by you except disabling ARC. Could not find way to disable ARC in the AVR.

@haisaikat - Attempted this order of switching on equipments too, still no display

@Nick - Tried different cable but did not help much.

@Spiro - I connected another display from the PC and found that Marantz AVR is now detected as one of the display device. But still no display from TV/Projector connected to the Marantz AVR. Tried all options, like Duplicate/Extend/Show only on desktop1/2.

Looks like more of Marantz AVR to detect signal from PC. Any other FM using HTPC with Marantz NR1504.

Also tried to connect the Marantz in the network for firmware upgrade. Though Network Diagnosis is successful, attempt for identifiying firmware update availability fails with message "Connection Failed"

I too face similar problem. I have two displays connected. Monitor through DVI cable and projector through HDMI.

Sometimes my Emotiva prepro will not be detected on the HTPC (sometimes video works but not audio). I have to shutdown the PC, switch on the projector and receiver and then boot the PC. It works most of the time. Sometimes, I find a work around through the Catalytic converter (AMD GPU control panel) by forcing to detect multiple displays and extend or duplicate the desktop. I agree it could be frustrating. These are HDMI handshake issues I guess. Three devices need to sync for this to work. But this is more of Microsoft's problem than other devices.

Which mobo do you have? Please give the link from which you updated the chipset and display drivers.

Meanwhile you can try this:
Connect your TV and get the AVR detected.
Now disconnect the HDMI of TV and connect the PJ without turning off anything.

Try these too
After everything is connected, go to projector settings and force to search in 'Select Input'. Swap to VGI or RCA and then switch back to HDMI.

Connect to TV, change the resolution to 720p, shutdown, connect the projector and then restart the PC

If you have option to assign video option like high end marantz,check that setting too.If marantz is detected by pc,then check its properties like audio codecs available.if you can see all there,then marantz is not passing video due to some reasons.
Check setting in marantz.Also turn off video processing in 1504.

I too face similar problem. I have two displays connected. Monitor through DVI cable and projector through HDMI.

Which mobo do you have? Please give the link from which you updated the chipset and display drivers.

Mobo is Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3

Meanwhile you can try this:
Connect your TV and get the AVR detected.
Now disconnect the HDMI of TV and connect the PJ without turning off anything.

Try these too
After everything is connected, go to projector settings and force to search in 'Select Input'. Swap to VGI or RCA and then switch back to HDMI.

Connect to TV, change the resolution to 720p, shutdown, connect the projector and then restart the PC

Attempted above methods, still no sound or pic from PC

If you have option to assign video option like high end marantz,check that setting too.If marantz is detected by pc,then check its properties like audio codecs available.if you can see all there,then marantz is not passing video due to some reasons.
Check setting in marantz.Also turn off video processing in 1504.

This AVR has facility to assign Input device. What do I need to check in this?

After various driver updates, PC is detecting Marantz-AVR and I have made it default playback device. However there is neither sound nor video from HTPC to Marantz. When the input in which HTPC is selected, the display in Marantz AVR indicates "HDMI/D = none". Whereas all other devices are playing perfectly well with Marantz AVR connected to either projector/TV .

Irrespective of Projector/TV/ connected to Marantz AVR, there is no audio / video output from HTPC.

I need to look for some other PC or Laptop with HDMI output, to test further.

And, Marantz firmware update is still eluding with the message "Connection failed", though network is absolutely fine. Looks like marantz firmware server is down.

Please do not update FW till you get HTPC working.Now even in media player,you try different setting as output.If its system default, try direct sound HDMI.

Have you checked Marantz properties like this-
xmra51.jpg

It looks your graphic driver do not support it(surprising).It can be due to old HDMI cable too.
Can you connect same cable to TV directly and check if there is same HDCP support problem?So we can conclude.
Else add a cheap HD graphic card to solve it.

Last edited:
Though motherboard specification indicates it support HDCP and at times I see the message HDCP supported from the above settings, never able to make AVR work with HTPC.

Finally got an Graphic Card for 1900 and now HTPC works like charm with AVR.

Thanks for all the support and guidance.

Though motherboard specification indicates it support HDCP and at times I see the message HDCP supported from the above settings, never able to make AVR work with HTPC.

Which graphic card did you buy

Congrats,finally it worked.May be old firmware of MB not supporting HDCP.
Anyway its always better to have a dedicated graphic card for HTPC.

Back