HTPC MOBO ATI vs nVidia

Hmm. Not to condone piracy but where are you guys getting your rips from? Try an aXXo rip. It's PQ is breathtaking. MKV rips of HD content even when compressed and converted to a DVD will beat the PQ of any retail DVD. Honestly! I have all three parts of The Matrix on DVD, Blu-Ray and even some d/l content that is in MP4 format at around 1.5 GB each file. Now obviously the Blu-Ray is the best of all (that goes without saying). But the MP4 compressed files on the PC and converted to a DVD via ConvertXtoDVD have very, very good PQ both on the PC monitor and on the LCD and Plasma I have at home. You can see facial hair on Carrie-Anne Moss, it's that clear. The DVDs kind of suck and never show such clarity or detail.

Of course in terms of SQ all are same as all are in 5.1 Dolby Digital and this kind of sucks for Blu-Ray discs that audio is still in 5.1.

axxo rips are the best though DVD Fab Platinum though its mkv h264 audio copy encoding at 1.4GB per movie beats axxo rips in movie and sound somehow i feel and axxo rips on 32" and beyond TV sizes look bad IMHO.

Anyway comign back to gap gj - we have got bigflix in pune but at the same time most English movies have been edited - foudn out with 300, Sin City and many other movies. Suddenly some scenes have been cut off/edited - dvd regions are amiss - discs badly handled.

I decided to invest in certain Blueray titles now - after my bad experience with movies of Bigflix.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back